Super Shuttle from Houston to Pier in Galveston

K9CrazyGirl

Just wanted to do a quick review of my experience with using Super Shuttle because I heard about it here on Cruise Critic (of course).

We were 7 women traveling together from Portland, OR to the Rhapsody of the Seas.

This option was the very best price that I could come up with. Based on the time that we get to the airport from Portland, we could not do any of the shuttles with set times such as the Galveston Limo.

Price was $145 for a private van that holds up to 10. Seven ladies plus luggage was comfortable, more might have been a tight fit depending on how much stuff you bring and how cozy you want to be. On the way home, we added an extra stop at a hotel for two of the passengers for only $10.

To make things easier while traveling, my group all gave me money ahead of time and I had the correct cash in an envelope, ready to hand over. We tipped $20 to the driver each way and it worked out to about $50 per person round trip.

The only problem we had was at the airport when we flew in. I had called ahead of time and made reservations. The person on the phone asked for my flight information and said that a van would be ready for us when we arrived. We we actually did arrive, the person at the Super Shuttle desk told us that they actually do not honor reservations at the airport and that it was first come, first served.

Since we got in at about Noon and knew we had at least a 90 minute ride to Galveston, this was a bit annoying, especially since the person on the phone had given me different information. The agent at the desk seemed almost as frustrated as we were because the situation happens to her all the time, people show up expecting transportation to be waiting and she has to be the one to tell them that it could be an hour or more before a van and driver are available.

In the end, we only waited about 40 minutes and made it to the ship by about 3:30 with traffic.

On Debarkation, we had scheduled a pick up for 1pm to allow plenty of time to get off the ship in case of delays. Things went smoothly and we were out on the curb by 10:45. Super Shuttle was great about getting someone out to us earlier so that we didn't have to sit at the pier for so long.

Overall I would definitely use them again, but would plan for the fact that the pick up at the airport would be unpredictable.

Thanks for the suggestion, Cruise Critic!

Jen

Archived