Tipping and other costs

Pashapug

Hello all! My family of four (all first time cruisers) will be sailing on the Royal Princess on June 25 (in two cabins) for 12 days. I've read here that a gratuity charge of $10 per person per day will be added to my onboard account. Is that correct? I'm not complaining...just need to make sure I budget enough!

Also, does that include everyone who should be tipped (waiters, maids, porters, etc?). If, for example, we want to leave more for a waiter, do we just leave cash at the table on the last night? Or in the cabin for the maid on the last day?

How much DO soda cards cost? Seems like a lot of work to bring your own from the other side of the world.

And finally, how much do the photos the ship takes usually cost?

Whew, I think that about covers it for now. Now if only my renewed passport would arrive. :)

The $10 per day per peson will be distributed to the entire support staff including folks you never actually see. Envelopes will be available at the purser's desk on the last day to let you give added tip to selected individuals.

That isn't too bad. I heard that the soda cards were more $5/6 a day. I still don't drink enough soda to make it worthwhile though. To me it is just extra calories and sugars. I'll stick to water!

Thank you for the info on the picture price!

Archived