How close are the zipline tours

pdebolt

My wife and I love the beach and would like to have as much beach time as possible, but also want to try a zipline tour. From what i have heard the bus trips are two hours long and i don't think the zipline is worth wasting 4 hours in a bus. Are there any close to the ships docking area?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were in Limon last week. It only took about 25 minutes to get to the Breezes zip line, but it over 2 hours for us to get down and it would have been longer if we had not been in the first group of the day. It might have been a little faster, but there was storm while we were zip lining and they stopped us until the winds died down.

• 2 months later...

We have used Oscar Brown & Company twice for the zipline. The first time was to Almonds and Corals that is over an hour plus away from the port. The second time was at a place called Las Breezas which is about 15 to 20 minutes from port. We had people zipline and we also dig the canals, and market, plus the banna plantation. All of this was done while we were dodging the rain. Oscar was on his cell phone trying to make sure we were dodging the rain as much as possible.

Kathy, there are black sand beaches that are in Costa Rica. You might get in touch with Oscar and see if he has a tour that could get you to the best beach. One thing that is so great about his tours is that he tailors it to your wants and needs. Be careful as there are undertows that are on the beaches.

• 3 weeks later...

Guillermo,

If you are associated with a business you are not supposed to promote your business on line. Just posting this information for you as they (the moderators) will ban you from posting on the threads.

Kathy, Oscar really is a great tour guide. He has expanded his business and now employees some family members. If you are looking for something off the beaten path you can have him tailor something just for the two of you. I hope you are enjoying Naples and some warm weather right now. Are you in Canada or Florida now? Be careful with the beaches in Costa Rica as some of them have undertows.

The Brits are enjoying the USA, but I don't think they were ready for the work load. We were hoping for some storms..... that hasn't happened so we might have to find some local work to keep us in health insurance.

Sarah had to have an appendectomy last week. Thank goodness it hadn't ruptured so she didn't have to worry about infection and gangreen.

Colleen, I was just about to write a note to the OP about advertising on CC when I saw your posting.

Thanks for the info about Oscar, we'll check it out.

Back in Naples since last Monday .... did I see a "P" restaurant in Tin City?!? Hopefully my eyes were right. Plan to check that out next week.

I can well imagine the shock of the workload (which you were handling virtually alone) was on Matthew and family -- not easy!

Storms not welcome here...... watching TS Noel. My sister is in DR at Puerta Plata -- no word yet.

Glad to hear Sarah is OK.

You cruising this winter?

Kathy

Kathy,

You saw correctly the big Pinchers is now in Tin City. My brother was approached to put a restaurant in there and he jumped on it. Such a hot place to visit and hopefully they are busy when you go there. Since they serve such a great product ( of course I am his sister) they should be busy during season. I have begged him to open a Pinchers here in Texas. Don't think that will happen, unless it is close to Galveston or Houston where they can get fresh products. I think that is the secret to his great success.

We are cruising in January out of Galveston on two cruises. They are both on the Voyager....Cozumel, Montego Bay, Grand Cayman....then Cozumel, Rotan, Progresso. Costa Maya was on the schedule, but Hurricane Dennis took out Costa Maya, so we have a sea day in its place.

So are you doing a Panama Canal cruise to get to Costa Rica? That is one of my favorite cruises of all time. I hope the next time we do it we will do a full transit. Just a suggestion.... if you are doing a partial transit, I would stay on board and just watch the lock process from another place instead of going on a land tour.

Kathy,

You saw correctly the big Pinchers is now in Tin City. My brother was approached to put a restaurant in there and he jumped on it. Such a hot place to visit and hopefully they are busy when you go there. Since they serve such a great product ( of course I am his sister) they should be busy during season. I have begged him to open a Pinchers here in Texas. Don't think that will happen, unless it is close to Galveston or Houston where they can get fresh products. I think that is the secret to his great success.

We are cruising in January out of Galveston on two cruises. They are both on the Voyager....Cozumel, Montego Bay, Grand Cayman....then Cozumel, Rotan, Progresso. Costa Maya was on the schedule, but Hurricane Dennis took out Costa Maya, so we have a sea day in its place.

So are you doing a Panama Canal cruise to get to Costa Rica? That is one of my favorite cruises of all time. I hope the next time we do it we will do a full transit. Just a suggestion.... if you are doing a partial transit, I would stay on board and just watch the lock process from another place instead of going on a land tour.

That's great news about Pinchers -- we will definitely go soon; Tin City is a neat spot. Too bad you will miss Costa Maya; we were there twice last winter and just loved it. We have D1 9256 for January so plan to see as much as we can from the balcony and then go up top of whichever side of the ship for the best views.

We went to the Med this summer and loved it; plan to go again in 2009.

Nice itinerary you have in Jan., we've never been to Roatan nor Progresso.

Playa San Franciso is our favourite beach in Cozumel.

Kathy

Kathy,

Make sure you are watching from our balcony when you go through the first locks. You will not believe they amount of water that you can see that rushes through the channels. You can only see that from the aft cabins, or from the back of the ship.

How did you manage to snag that cabin? I would love to find out about your Med cruises. I would really love to do that sometime in the near future.

Wish we could be there and share a meal with you in Tin City. I just love my brothers restaurants cooking. Wish he would open one up near us.

Kathy,

Make sure you are watching from our balcony when you go through the first locks. You will not believe they amount of water that you can see that rushes through the channels. You can only see that from the aft cabins, or from the back of the ship.

How did you manage to snag that cabin? I would love to find out about your Med cruises. I would really love to do that sometime in the near future.

Wish we could be there and share a meal with you in Tin City. I just love my brothers restaurants cooking. Wish he would open one up near us.

We booked the cruise as soon as it came out so we could get 9256 -- sounds like we did the right thing.

The Med was incredible -- even got to Egypt! My review and most of the pics are linked below. We plan to do the Barcelona/Venice cruise on the Brilliance in 2009 - watching daily for that cruise to come out so we can get our 9256.

If you ever get here please call - would love to share a meal with you and Bob in Tin City!

Cheers

Kathy:)

Archived