Thinking of the Sun in November

AnJ

I'm thinking of traveling on the Sun this comming November and was wondering if the ship is still in nice condition or if it's gotten a little tired as far as decor and ammenities. It seems like interesting ports of call, but will we be better of on a newer ship?

IMO the Sun is a wonderful ship. It's not too old and definately not worn looking. The layout of the ship is bit confusing at first but you get used to it. We really enjoyed the Great Outdoor Cafe and the pool area. Also,we found the food to be perfectly acceptable in both main restaurants and the buffet. Price is good, ports are good... go for it:D

I sailed aboard the Sun in April, she is a beautiful ship! I had a wonderful experience, the food was excellent and service was wonderful. I wish I were aboard now.

Pictures from 7-day Western Carribean out of New Orleans, April 8th - 15th.

http://picasaweb.google.com/alansegers/NCLCruiseApril2007

Warm regards,

Jules

Loved the Sun. It's a beautiful ship. Someone has really good Sun pictures. In fact I looked through them just today. Was it Monte?

Don't know if they're really good, I do have some pictures. We've sailed the Sun twice (Caribbean and Alaska) and really enjoyed it.

Monte, Great shots, thank you... Well, it seems like everyone likes the ship! All I have to do now is get a good price and I'll probably book it!

BTW, Monte, that seemed like a nice room, what class was it, BC, BB, BA? Anyone have any suggestions for three adults with a balcony? My son and his wife will probably go for a BE.

That cabin is a BA, but all of the balcony cabins are pretty much the same except for the deck (and the number of people they will sleep). Just in case you're wondering & have looked, I didn't include any cabin photos in my Norwegian Jewel folder because we had a balcony on that as well and it was just about identical.

I appreciate the kind words from both AnJ and Heelfan94 about the pictures.

I appreciate the kind words from both AnJ and Heelfan94 about the pictures.

They have been most helpful to me. Since we have already been on the Sun, I had decided to look at the Jewel, Pearl or possibly the Gem for next winter. But once I started looking at prices I realized the Sun was a better value for our money. When I looked through your pictures I remembered how much all four of us loved the Sun. It's the newest ship we've been on. I started pricing Sun cruises and that's where we'll end up. :)

They have been most helpful to me. Since we have already been on the Sun, I had decided to look at the Jewel, Pearl or possibly the Gem for next winter. But once I started looking at prices I realized the Sun was a better value for our money. When I looked through your pictures I remembered how much all four of us loved the Sun. It's the newest ship we've been on. I started pricing Sun cruises and that's where we'll end up. :)

If a ship is kept up (and I haven't been on any that haven't been) to me age is just about irrelevant. I honestly don't need a climbing wall, bowling alley etc, so to me, price & itinerary are mighty important! And whenever I look, the Sun seems to be a pretty good value!!

However in about a month, I'll be on a ship that just might be older than I am. So I'll be testing my belief about age being unimportant ;) . I'm attaching a picture.

No, it's not that Royal Caribbean ship in the photo, it's that thing that looks like a tender for the Royal Caribbean ship in the photo! The Regal Empress

01RegalEmpressvsRCCLsVoyager-vi.jpg.bd2816dca4605a2af306260f6c6c2909.jpg

BTW, Monte, that seemed like a nice room, what class was it, BC, BB, BA? Anyone have any suggestions for three adults with a balcony? My son and his wife will probably go for a BE.

AnJ-I was just thinking (dangerous I know), If there are any balcony cabins that sleep 4 when they book, have em check on that instead of one that sleeps only 3. With the cabin that sleeps four, they will still have the sofa for sitting when the pullman bed is turned down.

A cabin that sleeps 3 will have the sofa as the 3rd bed. AND-IMO-the pullman makes a more comfortable bed.

If a ship is kept up (and I haven't been on any that haven't been) to me age is just about irrelevant. I honestly don't need a climbing wall, bowling alley etc, so to me, price & itinerary are mighty important! And whenever I look, the Sun seems to be a pretty good value!!

However in about a month, I'll be on a ship that just might be older than I am. So I'll be testing my belief about age being unimportant ;) . I'm attaching a picture.

No, it's not that Royal Caribbean ship in the photo, it's that thing that looks like a tender for the Royal Caribbean ship in the photo! The Regal Empress

We feel the same way, although my kids would love to try the climbing wall and bowling alley! Since I'm footing the bill, I would rather sail on the Sun and have more "play" money for excursions. I can't believe how expensive the newest ships are right now.

Be sure to let us know about the Regal Empress. :)

On the Sun there are BC balcony cabins that sleep five. I know those cabins have a pull down bed in addition to the double sleeper sofa. I just booked one of those so my adult size daughters didn't have to share the sleeper sofa.

Thanx for all your input. Just got finished booking the ship for Nov 17th, Thanksgiving week. Got a BC cabin for me, wife and daughter, cabin #8221, and a Balcony Guar. for my son and his wife. Hope it works out, we haven't been cruising in many years and looking forward to it. Ijust thought it would be nice to celebrate my BD with my family.

Thanx for all your input. Just got finished booking the ship for Nov 17th, Thanksgiving week. Got a BC cabin for me, wife and daughter, cabin #8221, and a Balcony Guar. for my son and his wife. Hope it works out, we haven't been cruising in many years and looking forward to it. Ijust thought it would be nice to celebrate my BD with my family.

Good for you!! You'll love the Sun! :)

I sailed aboard the Sun in April, she is a beautiful ship! I had a wonderful experience, the food was excellent and service was wonderful. I wish I were aboard now.

Pictures from 7-day Western Carribean out of New Orleans, April 8th - 15th.

http://picasaweb.google.com/alansegers/NCLCruiseApril2007

Warm regards,

Jules

Jules,

Love your photos. We did this trip about 2 weeks before you and had a ball. Guatamala was the best! Thanks for the link to view your pics. it looks like you both enjoyed yourselves as much as we did.

abby

AnJ - looks like we'll be travelling together, and this will be our first cruise!! I'm thrilled to hear the positive reviews about the Sun. We, too, found it a good deal for the cash. I can't wait!!:p

Archived