Video of Pacific Star arriving at Dravuni Island

Neilius

Another fantastic clip Neil!

Isn't it amazing how much she's swaying back and forth!?!

You don't really realise it when you're on the ship.

Which port you doing next? :D

Jo

You get 2 frames per minute from the cruise cam. I speed that up to between 2 to 6 frames per second. That means you're seeing between 1 and 3 minutes every second. (Actually, in the night shots I sometimes do about 20 frames per second because it's usually pretty boring). I reckon it would take about 5 to 10 minutes for the ship to swing around in the breeze which would account for the movement on the vids every 3 to 4 seconds.

Do you think it detracts from the video? If so, I could experiment with cutting the clip to phase in with the periodic movement of the ship when she's next at anchor.

Both ships will be on their way home tonight, so I was planning on capturing the Sun coming into Brizzie on Thursday morning. I have a soft spot for my home port :) Plus it would be cool to watch her swing around in the river before docking at Portside.

Plus it might be a conversation starter at the cocktail party at Portside that evening - especially if they have an internet connection there :)

Neil

I don't think it detracts from the video at all :) Keep up the awesome work! I love watching your clips :D

I'd LOVE to see the Sun arriving at Portside!! :) Will you be setting your computer up to see her on her way out again too?

Will have to remember to take my video camera with me on Thursday to wave the Sun farewell - watch out for that on youtube Friday morning ;) LOL!

I don't think it detracts from the video at all :) Keep up the awesome work! I love watching your clips :D

I'd LOVE to see the Sun arriving at Portside!! :) Will you be setting your computer up to see her on her way out again too?

Will have to remember to take my video camera with me on Thursday to wave the Sun farewell - watch out for that on youtube Friday morning ;) LOL!

The 6pm departure means it's going to be pretty dark when she leaves on Thursday. I don't think it will make a good recording, but I'll give it a go anyway :)

The 6pm departure means it's going to be pretty dark when she leaves on Thursday. I don't think it will make a good recording, but I'll give it a go anyway :)

Oh fair enough. I never think about the cruise cam actually needing enought light LOL!

Archived