Gifts for crew?

sluggo

I'm on vacation and spending a chunk of US dollars so what is another $100 or so. I give a $20 to the cabin attendant and the assistant on the first day and if I ask for something special (robes, my confiscated luggage, or whatever I toss in another $20 to the cabin attendant. Then on the last day or day before I give them another $20 each. Not a tremendous amount to me but no doubt makes there job more rewarding. Cash is King!!

don't forget to fill out the comment cards. This can add to the promotion prospects of the staff. Promotion gives the hard workers better pay on an ongoing basis. Cash is greatly appreciated by all the crew.:)

I always take thank you cards with me. Last cruise I took those Hallmark musical cards. I'm a believer in cash is king but the carrier should be fun.

That is a great idea! :) I bet those musical cards were something different for them. I bet that put a smile on their faces. I will have to remember that one. Thanks for sharing.

I always take thank you cards with me. Last cruise I took those Hallmark musical cards. I'm a believer in cash is king but the carrier should be fun.

Aren't those great?!?

I just bought my first one for my nephew's high school graduation...had no idea that they made money holders with music. It was the hit of his party!

Good idea to use them on the cruise, too!

It has been discussed many times and to sum it up it was the consensus that cash and a nice thank you card on the last night is the best thing as they have extremely limited space in their crew areas and knick knack type things would probably be discarded due to no space to store them. It has been stated by many as in the previous post that phone cards are mostly useless to them.

Actually, even better than the thank you card is to write a glowing review on your comment card and make sure you mention them by name. I do that and tell the person (if in fact it is true).:)

I thought I had posted this but can't seem to find it now :confused: What are everyone's thoughts for small gift items for your cabin steward, waitstaff etc. I saw mention in older posts about calling cards, bags of candy or mints. Has anyone done this before - what type of things did you bring? We normally tip extra for the service we get but I was thinking about something a little extra.

Thanks for your input.

We tip up front on day 1 and we're easy to take care of. We find out on day 1 about our cabin steward, where they are from, how long they've been with Carnival, what they like, etc. Then I leave a note for them every day somewhere in the cabin, sometimes just saying "have a great day" or telling them thanks for something small I've noticed they did. Then at the end of the week, we tip them again if they have exceptional service and leave candy or some other gift to go with it along with a thank you card.

don't forget to fill out the comment cards. This can add to the promotion prospects of the staff. Promotion gives the hard workers better pay on an ongoing basis. Cash is greatly appreciated by all the crew.:)

This is the best way to go. Cash with a hand written thank you note.

ONLY - cash, coin, dough, bread, bank, moolah, bacon, loot, folding green, scratch, claims, etc....

...unless you accompany any of the above with a very nice sincere thank you card!!!

Cash and comment cards. The crew has their own store where they can buy tolietries etc. fairly cheaply. They have small cabins that are shared with two to four. Positive comment cards equate to promotions.

Archived