Enough About Discounting Please!!

I totally agree. All these discounting threads are clogging up the boards. I imagine that either the new policy will work or it won't. We shall just have to see how this plays out. In the meantime, can we get back to business?

I totally agree. All these discounting threads are clogging up the boards. I imagine that either the new policy will work or it won't. We shall just have to see how this plays out. In the meantime, can we get back to business?

Sure.

I just heard that RCI is now charging for Johnny Rockets. Has anyone heard if this is true?

Umm, why can't folks skip over the posts they don't want to read? The discounting posts aren't disguised, they are clearly listed in the title. I guess I never understood why some folks want to infringe on others right to speak, write, be, just because they want to control things. Geez, skip posts you don't want to read.

Umm, why can't folks skip over the posts they don't want to read? The discounting posts aren't disguised, they are clearly listed in the title. I guess I never understood why some folks want to infringe on others right to speak, write, be, just because they want to control things. Geez, skip posts you don't want to read.

It's common message board etiquette not to duplicate threads.....first do a search, then post into an existing thread, if what you have to say isn't repetitive.

Do you mean the rules governing socially acceptable behavior? In my neck of the woods, it is not socially acceptable to be rude by requesting that folks not speak their minds, for your personal convenience. And I didn't realize a search was required before a post could be submitted. Is this a new rule? Of course the monitors of the board can notify us unlearned folks of this new rule. Sure, folks get aggravated seeing the same thing again and again. Like chair hogs, or how does this balcony look, or are they really charging at Johnny Rockets. But such aggravation should never trump another's right to post, unless the policy changes that ALL must search before submitting any post. BTW, I didn't post to ANY of the discounting threads.

Hey,

I'm from the same neck of the woods as you smiles....

I take pride in not only being rude sometimes, but find that living up to the stereotype of us New Englander's being rude and insensitive is fun!!!!

btw the point here is not to limit "free speech" or even informative discussion, rather a plea to have readers/posters simply look before starting yet another thread on a WELL "beaten" horse...

Do you mean the rules governing socially acceptable behavior? In my neck of the woods, it is not socially acceptable to be rude by requesting that folks not speak their minds, for your personal convenience. And I didn't realize a search was required before a post could be submitted. Is this a new rule? Of course the monitors of the board can notify us unlearned folks of this new rule. Sure, folks get aggravated seeing the same thing again and again. Like chair hogs, or how does this balcony look, or are they really charging at Johnny Rockets. But such aggravation should never trump another's right to post, unless the policy changes that ALL must search before submitting any post. BTW, I didn't post to ANY of the discounting threads.

Smiles:

I'm simply stating what is internet wide message board etiquette. No rules, just courtesy. Nobody is suggesting that people can't speak their minds, just do it in the appropriate place without being repetitive, which is where the search feature comes in handy.

Sheesh.

O.K. ENOUGH....

12 YES THAT'S TWELVE POSTS BEFORE I GOT TO THIS ONE ABOUT THIS SILLY ABSURDITY....

IT'S A REALITY NOW FOLKS....

MORE IMPORTANTLY - PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FEATURE.

THIS BOARD IS SO CLOGGED UP RIGHT NOW WITH THIS GARBAGE WITH OVER A DOZEN POSTS ON THE SAME SUBJECT....

S T O P T H E I N S A N I T Y F O R T H E L O V E O F g o d

This morning there were 9 different posts on page one and two. I can not believe that people are still posting new ones on here about the same topic tonight. Enough is enough.

At least the rest of us are posting on here and not starting new threads on this topic.

You can only beat a dead horse so much.

Flame away, but the old saying above still goes. :mad:

Does anyone here catch the irony about a new post complaining about too many posts?

And, be honest here, how many of you who urged use of the search engine, in fact used it yourself to see if there were prior posts complaining about repetitive posts?

I, for one, would rather have a half-dozen 2-3 page posts rather than one twelve page post.

I clicked the triangle earlier this week and asked the mods if they could post an official statement on this from the cruise lines to keep the rumors down. Nothing was done. I guess they enjoy seeing all of these posts on here with fifty different theories on what this new policy means. It would be nice to know exactly how this will affect the average cruiser and then discuss it but only under one thread.

Archived