Enough About Discounting Please!!

I clicked the triangle earlier this week and asked the mods if they could post an official statement on this from the cruise lines to keep the rumors down. Nothing was done. I guess they enjoy seeing all of these posts on here with fifty different theories on what this new policy means. It would be nice to know exactly how this will affect the average cruiser and then discuss it but only under one thread.

here is a thread with a official looking announcement....

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/dual/General_Info/Rebate_Policy_Notice.pdf

You can only beat a dead horse so much.

I have found this to not be true . I mean really, it’s not like it ‘s going to run off. Yes it does get a little boring after a few hours.but what the heck. It’s my dead horse and I’ll beat it as long as I want. :D

So why did you find it necessary to start eight threads this morning about "dead horse" topics, including at least two on this one? Was that supposed to help eliminate the problem? Perhaps you thought that by starting the threads you would stop others from posting on these issues. Instead, IMHO, you merely clogged up the board with eight more useless threads. I understand your frustration, but I don't think this was the best way to make your point.

Other than visiting my roll call, I haven't been spending too much time online here or elsewhere, jc. In addition to the fact that there hasn't been anything exciting going on around here, I've been busy. I agree that there are too many threads on this topic (reminds me of the unending JR threads of a few months back), but I didn't think posting eight threads helped in any way. Your thoughts?

Karen

I must tell you that I am glad for the posts.

I was going to book an April 05 cruise, and still deciding on the line, already know the stops we want. These posts have helped me in what could be a large potential discount lost.(I use Quickcruise). I am now trying to speed up our decision before Monday.

I have read them all... I was thinking that a new post was started to bring up to the top new information or a new veiwpoint(That may however may not be true!!)

Sure can appreciate however that for all of you where this does not have an immediate financial impact, the many posts on the subject can be fustrating.

Undoubtedly, my posts did not help - but alas they were not intended to...

They were merely a cynical and sarcastic approach to the absurdity of multiple (not just one or two!) posts on the same subject.

I do agree that they clogged the board, but at this point, can they be any more clogged? there are three new posts today about this ridiculous subject in addition to the 15 or so from the past few days.

If only people would read posts before creating their own, maybe then would my point/intentions be understood!

Martino

RCCL is chraging for Johnny on only two of their ships. They claim it is an experiment to help reduce lines. I just got off the Mariner where they charged and the lines were still their and long.

Cruise staff said that the charging was the number one complaint.

By the way if you are a past cruiser you get a free couppon to go into Johnny Rockets

Martino

RCCL is chraging for Johnny on only two of their ships. They claim it is an experiment to help reduce lines. I just got off the Mariner where they charged and the lines were still their and long.

Cruise staff said that the charging was the number one complaint.

By the way if you are a past cruiser you get a free couppon to go into Johnny Rockets

12OH1:

I was being facetious, but thanks for the info.

Archived