Boozin' Cruisin' Review ~ Mariner of the Seas ~ May 27, 2007

Great review!!! I can't wait for my cruise!! Just wanted to know what time you left your hotel to arrive at the port, and how you got to the port. We are renting a car so we are debating whether or not to return the car the night before and take the hotel shuttle over, or to just drive over drop off our luggage and our party and then one person just to return the car. We also want to know what time we should leave the hotel to just walk on the ship.

We drove to the port since we live in Alabama. We left the hotel around 11:15AM and was on the ship eating within an hour. A lot of our CC friends left their cars at the hotel and took the shuttle. I think their shuttle left at 11:00AM.

Great review...I always love to hear everyones view...I love the Mariner..have been on it now a total of 3 weeks and have 2 more booked before she goes to CA...

I always loved the wig and gavel...that is where we always hung out and loved to also hear the guy sing with the guitar...in Dec he was there..and the waiters was great..guess it the crew you have...?

Did you hear if Capt Johnny will be going with the Mariner to CA?

I will second the Godfrey tour...excellent and doing his tour again in Sept.

so my daughter gets to enjoy..last time was dh and I.

I had no idea that the Mariner was moving to CA. Now, I'm totally bummed! Yes, I do believe that we just got a bad bunch in the Wig & Gavel this time around. Every other time, it has been awesome! Actually, the pub on the Navigator (Two Poets) was the best of the two so far.

Sheila,

Just booked the Mariner for Sept and checking the threads and found your review! What a small cruise world this is! You look great and thanks for the review.

Janice (from WW thread):)

Hi Janice!!!! I haven't seen you post in a while. The WW thread has died. :( You're going to have so much fun! BTW, you look fabulous in your avatar pic!

From what Lynn told me, Becky is going to the Freedom in a couple of weeks for a few months. After that, I don't know. The Navigator (Mariner's sister ship) is moving to California. I've sailed her also and you'd like her as well.;)

Actually, it's the Mariner herself that's moving to LA in 2009 - we just booked a cruise on her!

Actually, it's the Mariner herself that's moving to LA in 2009 - we just booked a cruise on her!

Do enjoy her...we all will miss her here...guess we have to share...lol

We were on this cruise with Sheila (Hello!!!) and I agree with most of her review. We did feel as if the staff was not as outgoing and pleasurable as before. I personally think they have diluted the better staff and taken them to the new ship and we got the leftovers. Our wait staff in the dining room was very nice and pleasurable but we were disappointed at the others.

For those asking about Becky, I spoke to her and she will be leaving the Mariner on June 15th and joining the Freedom (I think) on the 22nd.

Tim & Crystal

Sheila-

Ahhh.... I feel like I was there! ;) Sounds like a great time was had by all! You let me know when you're booking your Southern, because that's the next one we want to do too! Early 2008 I'm hoping...

Hope you're feeling better BTW?!

Jean

Great review thanks so much!! did you happen to go to the wine bar ? i believe it is Vintages?? I'm sailing on the mariner for the first time in july.... my first balcony!!

Khank: I highly recommend Godfrey or Sunny Liston!! We were on Explorer last year and did his tour and he was great!!! We felt very safe and he was well informed... Actually Sunny had a group that was in front of us so we did everything together... both nice guys you cant go wrong.. dont forget to have a banana daiquiri @ Moutaintop!! :D also if u are going to st marten, try to hit Maho Beach and see the big planes come in! unbelievable!

We were on this cruise with Sheila (Hello!!!) and I agree with most of her review. We did feel as if the staff was not as outgoing and pleasurable as before. I personally think they have diluted the better staff and taken them to the new ship and we got the leftovers. Our wait staff in the dining room was very nice and pleasurable but we were disappointed at the others.

For those asking about Becky, I spoke to her and she will be leaving the Mariner on June 15th and joining the Freedom (I think) on the 22nd.

Tim & Crystal

Are you sure about the 15th? We're on the cruise coming up on Sunday, and it doesn't get back to port until the 17th.........

Thanks for the Godfrey info. I'm trying to decide between him and Sunny Liston. It appears that they both do the same tour, but from what I've read, Sunny plays music on his. I'm thinking perhaps my daughters would enjoy that more than the quieter tour with Godfrey. Decisions, decisions....

Oh yeah! Don't forget to get a Banana Daiquiri at Mountain Top! WOW!! They were so good!

Tim ~ We felt the same way about the staff. We couldn't believe it. Dining room staff was fantastic though!

Khank ~ Godfrey doesn't play music on his tour, but he does have an announcement speaker and he gives you history about things you are passing, etc. Of course, we had a couple of chatterboxes behind us on the tour who kept talking during Godfrey's history lesson. :rolleyes: I'm sure you'll have a good time using either him or Sunny Liston.

luv2travel29 ~ We never made it to Vintages. I'm not a wine drinker. I've heard good things about it though. It was never crowded so it looked like a nice place to sit and chat.

Jean ~ Hey hun! We won't be doing the Southern Caribbean until 2009. Keep it in mind.

Great review thanks so much!! did you happen to go to the wine bar ? i believe it is Vintages?? I'm sailing on the mariner for the first time in july.... my first balcony!!

[/quote]

I went to Vintages everyday :o We loved it. They have free appetizers between 5:30 - 8 (or 5-8:30 don't remember which one).

Did you have any specific questions?

JSTEWIE: Just a few questions regarding Vintages:

Is it in the promenade? Can you sit outside the bar area? If so, would my son be able to sit with us and have a soda? Not in the bar area of course! Can you get other drinks beside wine? beer? pina coladas?

Thanks ! ! :D

JSTEWIE: Just a few questions regarding Vintages:

Is it in the promenade? Can you sit outside the bar area? If so, would my son be able to sit with us and have a soda? Not in the bar area of course! Can you get other drinks beside wine? beer? pina coladas?

Thanks ! ! :D

It is in the Promenade. You can sit at the bar, at tables inside or outside, and they also have couches/chairs in a "lounge" area. Kids are welcome and you can order any type of drinks from the bar, not just wine. Dechen from India was our wine/bar tender and she was AWESOME. She had a lot of good recommendations.

Tim & Crystal - Did Becky say who her replacement would be on the Mariner? We sail in July and I was so hoping we'd have her and Captain Johnny.

I asked her that question and she wouldn't even drop a name.

Archived