16 Glorious Days In Alaska!

LarryF

Wow, your trip sounds amazing. I wish I had that much time to take the same type of trip, but my schedule doesn't allow at the moment.

I have some questions for you, if you don't mind:

In Seward, how was the Sealife center and where did you go to eat?

How was ice trekking on the Matanuska Glacier? What company did you use? Was it very straining? How far is that from Anchorage?

How was the cruise? Do you have a review going on another board (I guess Princess--I will pop over there in a few)?

You have some amazing pictures. What kind of settings did you use to get the whales? I have a Canon S3IS and I don't think I can get the same shots. I've been trying to learn for about a year now and any advice would be appreciated :-)

Tapia,

I do have a review posting on this board at: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=567953

I haven't gotten to the land portion of our trip in my review yet, so email me at lfeinb9640@aol.com and I will answer those questions for you, or I am planning to have the compete review done by Saturday or Sunday and you can read about our experiences in Seward and the Ice trekking then.

As for my camera, I only had the camera for about a month before we went on the trip so I had little time to practive with it. Most of my shots were on automatic and occasionly I put in program mode and adusted the ISO setting. I think the main reason the photos came out well was because I could take sequential shots. Everytime I saw a whale start to go back down the water, I fire off about 20 shots knowing that hopefully one of them be a good shot, and that was usually the case. Also, having the 300mm Zoom helped greatly as well.

Larry

Archived