Scuba in Bermuda

kruiser68

My husband and I are getting certified this summer and plan to dive through the ship (NCL) while docked at St. Georges, Bermuda. Does anyone know which Dive Center operates through the cruise ship. With this being our first dive after being certified, I would like to ask some questions before signing up for the excursion. Not much info listed with the excursion.

Also, I have gone through the first 10 pages of threads under this topic and haven't found anyone who talked about scuba diving in Bermuda. We will be goning the 2nd week of September...any advise :confused:

• 1 month later...

One of the dive shops in Bermuda is called Blue Water Divers. I did not have a good experience with them but I am not a certified diver. I have heard that they are fine if you are already certified.

Just wondering, what kind of experience did you have with them? If you're not certified for scuba, what service did you use through them? It looks like there are three or four dive shops that we could find on Bermuda.

I did a scuba tour with Blue Water Divers. It was a "discover scuba" kind of thing, they give you a little bit of training on the ride out there and then you go for a dive. I have learned that this sort of thing should probably be illegal, and it is almost definitely unethical - you shouldn't give somebody a regulator, demonstrate the Valsalva maneuver once or twice, and then tell them jump in! I ended up rupturing both my eardrums very badly, fortunately they have healed. This was covered by the waiver I signed, of course. My wife did not get to dive at all though, because they gave her a mask that didn't fit and didn't check it before we went out. It kept filling up with water and she was unable to dive at all. We tried to get our money back because it was due to their mistake that she couldn't dive, but BWD was not very helpful and we never got our money back. We went to their Somerset Bridge location.

I'm sure if you are certified, they are as good as anybody else to take a trip with and use their equipment. But "discover scuba" type tours are just a bad idea and I wouldn't recommend them to anybody.

Archived