? about refunds

thehittgirl

I downloaded said program(thank you Fred and Ron) and it says 38.80 in the refund column.

I got a pretty good deal on these tickets and have never seen them lower than what I paid for. So why would it say 38.80 under the refund column?

The refund stuff is new to me....thanks :)

I downloaded said program(thank you Fred and Ron) and it says 38.80 in the refund column.

I got a pretty good deal on these tickets and have never seen them lower than what I paid for. So why would it say 38.80 under the refund column?

The refund stuff is new to me....thanks :)

None of us have any clue what you are talking about. What program are you posting about????

To get a refund on MOST airline tickets, you have to rebook. That usually means paying the change fee, which is often $100.00. So if the difference is over $100.00, it may be worth it to pursue a refund. Often the refund is in the form of airline vouchers. Unless it is a substantial refund, it is usually NOT worth pursuing.

Yapta dot com.

I did see that AA has 100.00 fee.

I had read on here that the refund can in the form of a voucher from someone who posted about United and they weren't charged a fee and got a voucher.

I guess my question was more AA specific. Like was I entitled to the 38.80 in the form of a voucher(I suspect, no) but I figured I'd ask since this is all new to me. If I have to cancel and rebook, it's not worth it. The price was really good anyway and I am very happy with what I got.

My price dropped over $100 per person on my booked flight on Usair(tracked it through yapta). We weren't able to get a refund but they are giving us a voucher for the difference for each of us that is good for a year.:cool:

Yapta dot com.

I did see that AA has 100.00 fee.

I had read on here that the refund can in the form of a voucher from someone who posted about United and they weren't charged a fee and got a voucher.

I guess my question was more AA specific. Like was I entitled to the 38.80 in the form of a voucher(I suspect, no) but I figured I'd ask since this is all new to me. If I have to cancel and rebook, it's not worth it. The price was really good anyway and I am very happy with what I got.

You have to know what fare your ticket was booked in originally, then find the change fee for that fare, find the fare bucket for the new price, THEN figure out if you have any money coming to you. Quite often someone posts on this board about the screaming deal they got on airline tickets. Everyone wants to know about refunds. The "gotcha"-most likely the screaming deal was in a fare class your ticket WAS NOT booked in or the change fee outweighs the difference in fare.

I fly over 100,000 miles per year (90% AA) and have for the past 8 years. I can count on one hand how many times it was worth it to pursue a refund. And I definitely could use the vouchers!!!!

I have tickets booked to St. Martin in Nov. Original price was $500. Dropped to $416. Called AA and they refunded the $84 difference to my credit card. Guess I just happened to have the right fare bucket. I'm very pleased, no change fee.

Archived