Cup Match August 2-3

Summerlin

I will be in Bermuda during the week of Cup Match, which is considered to be a holiday in Bermuda. Does anyone know what the island is like during this time? Is it hard to get buses and taxis?

Also, our ship, the Azamara Journey, is leaving from Hamilton at 3 pm that day. Apparently, the Cup Match is at St George Cricket club this year, and doors open at 10 am.

Does anyone have any advice on trying to get to see some of the festivities from Hamilton and then trying to get back to the dock before the ship leaves?

Two years ago on my honeymoon we took NCL to Bermuda. The cup match was that week (which we did not know until we were on the ship). A lot of the shops are closed on those couple of days, but most of the main tourist attractions are still open.

A lot of people on our ship went to the Cricket matches which everyone raved about. We actually signed up for an excursion from the ship and the other day we went to the beach.

There are taxi's running and I believe the buses are too.

What is really neat is that all the Bermudians camp out in the national parks and barbeque for the day. Even though they all have tents, they acutally go back to thier houses at night to sleep.

Hope that helps! Just plan your shopping on the days that are not the cup and you will be fine.

Archived