Embarkation and Disembarkation at Vancouver - Infinity

B-HQC

Hi will be on this cruise later this month.

I've got everything all sorted out but just have some questions about getting on/off the ship.

On embarkation day, what would be the latest check-in time for a 5.45 pm departure? I have planned 4-4.30 pm, is that enough time? We are checking in so late because I have planned a city tour before the departure.

On disembarkation day, I have scheduled a 8.00 am pickup. Being in a RS (which has priority I believe) would this be the right timing?

Thanks for all your help in advance :)

Since the Infintiy docks at Ballantyne Pier, which generally only deals with one cruiseship at a time, you *should* be OK with 4pm or 4:30, but I'd personally call Celebrity to confirm this. I'm sure boarding at this time will take all of 15 minutes.

I'm one of those weird people who prefers to line up at 11am just so I can get on the ship and relax. The idea of waiting so late to board freaks me out just thinking about it!! Best of luck though!

Thanks for the advise.

You're not weird! That's what I would normally do too. But this time I can't take any more days off - have to squeeze in Vancouver on the first and last days.

My TA says the cutoff is 60 minutes, so I think I'd be fine, but as a first time Celebrity cruiser just wanted to make sure

Cutoff time was one hour before sailing on our recently completed trip (May 27) and debarkation you will be fine if you carry your own luggage off. We were told we had priority departure with the earliest time off being 7:50, however if we carried our own luggage off we would be able to get off earlier. In the end we did not leave the ship until 8:30 and then we lied about the luggage tag color. We had a pick up time of 9:15 arranged.

Lo and behold our luggage was off the ship and waiting for us at 8:30 and we were able to make our pickup connection. But keep in mind every cruise is different, there could be delays or your ship may come in early you never know what will happen until it happens.

But this time I can't take any more days off - have to squeeze in Vancouver on the first and last days.

We are trying to do the same thing. DW recently started a new job, and it was difficult to get off one week, let alone the other we were originally planning.

As of right now, we plan to simply rent a car on the last day of the cruise and tool around Vancouver. Not sure how to quickly get a rental car since my understanding is all the rental places are by Canda Place, and we will be at Ballantyne. (Our flight is not until 7:30 pm.)

Were you able to find a tour for the last day? Or are you also "on your own?"

The Celebrity website has one long tour that you are not supposed to sign up for unless your flight leaves later than 7:30. Sounded OK, but this tour only shows up when I look at the tours generically available in Vancouver; when I try to book it with my date, etc., under my reservations, it is not there... (There is one other long tour that involves culinary experiences.)

Given the date, I would guess there is a 50/50 chance we are on the same sailing.

Archived