cabin calvacade

scottjeanne

Help. I suggested a cabin tour that I have seen mentioned on crossings. How do I do it? Where is yhe best place to meet? We are goin to meet on the second day which is at sea. Do I contact Cunard and ask them to host? Should I print out a list ahead of time? Are people willing to give out their cabin number to strangers over an unsecured website? Or do we just wing it?

Jeanne

Help. I suggested a cabin tour that I have seen mentioned on crossings. How do I do it? Where is yhe best place to meet? We are goin to meet on the second day which is at sea. Do I contact Cunard and ask them to host? Should I print out a list ahead of time? Are people willing to give out their cabin number to strangers over an unsecured website? Or do we just wing it?

Jeanne

You wing it.

Matthew

How do I do it? Where is yhe best place to meet?

Which ship are you on? On the QE2 the usual rendzous is the Midships Lobby - on the QM2 we had pencilled in the Deck 2 mural with Homer Simpson - but thats all a bit up in the air as so far the Cruise Critic members have been issing each other.

Do I contact Cunard and ask them to host?

Nooooooooooooooo! This is very much 'Do-it-yourself' entertainment!

Or do we just wing it?

Get a list of the names of who is participating before hand - don't collect cabin numbers on this web site. Pinch a brochure from the Sales office - then at the rendezvous mark down the cabins you will be visiting on the brochure (particularly so if you are on the QE2) and use that to plan your trip - depending on where you start, on the QE2 we have 'worked our way up - from deck 5 up to Signal deck - but be aware if some people find the steps a struggle & send them on ahead in the lifts. Have fun!

Peter

Great idea,there are a few of us on the roll call now for the 8th July,just need notice so can tidy up!

Kathie:)

you can have a look at mine if you like but it will be single file with all itty's stuff. we're taking two prams! (don't ask):confused:

i wouldn't give out my cabin number over the web for obvious reasons but you are most welcome to have a look once we are on board.

i think we should have a bottle of champagne in each cabin as we go round:D .

glenn.

who is arriving in a LORRY.

Would that be a Bentley lorry?

David

there is no way i'd get all this stuff in the bentley. i'm serious:confused:

i'm actually going to drive down in an old frontera which, if it's really lucky may get it's first wax ever. i'll leave the thing at southampton for the duration of the holiday which i'm more at ease with anyway.

i have honestly never brought this much gear away with me before.

i read somewhere here that obviously you have to keep all your belongings in the cabin with you, but couldn't i keep the pram under one of the staircases?

glenn.

i read somewhere here that obviously you have to keep all your belongings in the cabin with you, but couldn't i keep the pram under one of the staircases?

glenn.

When we had the kids with us, along with most of the contents of the house (or so it appeared) we had a similar problem. Generally our cabin steward seemed to have a Tardis somewhere in the vicinity of our cabin and was happy to take some things away for us from time to time. I don't know how practical that would be for you, but you could try talking to your steward once you are on board. They are usually very helpful.

David

you can have a look at mine if you like but it will be single file with all itty's stuff. we're taking two prams! (don't ask):confused:

i wouldn't give out my cabin number over the web for obvious reasons but you are most welcome to have a look once we are on board.

i think we should have a bottle of champagne in each cabin as we go round:D .

glenn.

who is arriving in a LORRY.

The size of the person is inversely proportional to the amount of stuff he/she needs. Or something like that. :)

The size of the person is inversely proportional to the amount of stuff he/she needs. Or something like that. :)

that seems about right. itty has over half the car space, nitty has the rest and i have the glove compartment, but why do i have to carry and load it all:confused:

glenn.

that seems about right. itty has over half the car space, nitty has the rest and i have the glove compartment, but why do i have to carry and load it all:confused:

glenn.

Because you do !!!!

Anyway you have almost as much stuff as Ittybitty really.

Love Nitty x

glenn.

Because you are Nitty and Ittybitty's hero, and you wouldn't have it any other way! ;)

And if you are stealthy, you can stash some of your things in Itty's diaper bags and the prams. (2 prams! Really!?)

Because you are Nitty and Ittybitty's hero, and you wouldn't have it any other way! ;)

And if you are stealthy, you can stash some of your things in Itty's diaper bags and the prams. (2 prams! Really!?)

really.

one is light and the other doubles as a bed so he can sleep pretty much anywhere.

glenn.

really.

one is light and the other doubles as a bed so he can sleep pretty much anywhere.

glenn.

I expected as much. I do remember a little from the Baby days. Of course you need both!

Mine were little back when you could put them on your lap on an airplane, rather than in a chair. Then the one pram that was popped open (it also adjusted to flat, so baby could sleep pretty much anywhere), baby goes in, and it wasn't all that bad. OTOH, I only flew with a baby I think, three times.

OTOOH, I won't ever have to tangle with that kind of equipment again--the grandchildren's parents will! Not that I'm encouraging any of the children to engage in grandchildren-bringing forth. We're all currently enjoying their I'm A Grownup-ness and that's enough for now. ;)

• 5 months later...

Archived