Best resturant near Seattle Airport Suggestions?

F5Loar

We are looking for a great last late dinner meal in Seattle on our Sunday departure and would like for it to be within 10 min. of the Seatac Airport.

Any suggestions from you that have done this? Locally owned with great food of anytype would be best but some Chains might be considered.

Two I could suggest in the immediate area of Sea-Tac are:

"13 Coins" - in a building across the main street in front of the airport. (Of course, across the street covers several blocks.) You could walk from the airport to the restaurant if you need to. I do not have a Seattle phonebook or I would look it up for you, but google it. "13 Coins" at the airport was a second restaurant of the same name, with the first one being in downtown Seattle. I do believe that these may still be the only two.

"The Roaster" - a local restaurant with several locations. Particularly great for Beef and Chicken. My personal favorite when at the airport. It next to the Airport on the South side - on the same main street. You can very easily walk there from the airport if you wish.

Of course, my walking comments presume that you will not have all your luggage with you.

Then within walking distance there are a number of major hotel with restaurants of varying sorts. Within a five minute drive there is also a "Denny's" and a "Jack in the Box", not what you seem to be looking for however.

I am sure others will have suggestions as well.

Right along the Hwy. 99 strip, near the airport, is the 13 coins restaurant. My wife swears by it!:) Great food, at the bar they have gigantic bar chairs, so that if you turn them to face each other, nobody except the bartender knows who is together. I wonder why they would be set up that way?;) Its real close to the hotels. Everybody knows where it is: http://www.13coins.com/#splash

On the other side of the airport, in Burien, there is a great Brew Pub at approximately 4th Avenue and 152nd St. S.W. its on the southeast corner of the intersection. It has a great menu, its new and clean. Its a higher class brew pub.

Another vote for the 13 Coins. I'm a native of the area and we've eaten at both locations over the years (obviously less frequently now that we no longer live in the Seattle area :rolleyes: ). We like both the booths and sitting at the counter (where the meals are prepared right in front of you). They do have a website. I would make a reservation if your plans were for a busy time (evenings). They are open 24-hrs.

Another one -- if you're not a vegetarian -- is Spencer's Steakhouse. It's in one of the hotels right next to the airport, maybe the Hilton? Great steaks & service. Not cheap, but it's a fun splurge, especially if you're a red meat eater and appreciate high quality steaks.

Another choice and one that is in the terminal is Anthony's in the grand concourse. This is a local chain that specializes in seafood.

They have excellent food - particularly their clam chowder. They are one of the reasons we like to fly through Seattle.

Don't be afraid to shop or eat inside the airport either. The port of Seattle, which runs the airport, requires vendors inside the airport to charge the same prices they would outside the airport. So you are aren't going to get fleeced just because you are inside the airport.

13 coins is really nice, and open 24 hours, so if you have a late flight or a very early arrival, they are close by and open all the time.

The roaster also on Hwy 99 is great, it is on the same side of the hwy as the airport. It's been a while since I've been there, but they used to make really great biscuts right by the waiting area, and they would take you to your table with a fresh basket of them, and they would keep refilling the basket.

pitdoctor - Your screen name is apropos for someone who lived down the street when I grew up in the Seattle suburbs. I'm just curious if my 'highly imaginative' screen name rings any bells??

nope, my screen name is related to the sailboat racing I do.

and now back to your regularly scheduled topic. :D

Archived