Cave Tubing - Boring????

3xy4mom

A friend of mine just returned from the Legend where she took a cave tubing excursion in Belize. She said it was basically like a lazy river and the cave was nothing special. In fact, she said it was a little boring. Anyone else feel this way? If we don't do cave tubing, what would be your suggestion. We are doing the zip-line in Roatan and Rays, Reef, & Rum Pt in Grand Cayman. Active family of 5 - sons 15, 12, & 10.

We enjoyed the cave tubing last December, but it's definitely not an adrenaline-rushing, thrill-seeking type of excursion. It is indeed kind of like floating down a lazy river, and I didn't find the caves to be very scenic either. Interesting, but not beautiful. If you are looking for adventure, this is the 'soft' variety. I didn't find it boring, but it wasn't really exciting either.

However, we enjoyed the ride through the countryside, hike in the jungle and tubing is always fun. We enjoyed our stop at a local restaurant as well.

With your young, active family you might enjoy a snorkeling trip to Caye Caulker and vicinity more. I hear the snorkeling in Belize is amazing. That's what we will do if we ever return to Belize, since we've done the tubing.

We have been to Belize twice and have avoided this excursion just for that same reason - it sounds dull. I'm glad to hear someone else says this. Plus, there's the 45 minute walk on the bad surface carrying an innertube and the intimate presence of 400 other cruisers!

Ok - I realize that almost everyone who posts here loves the excursion, so maybe it's just me.

We have been to Belize twice and have avoided this excursion just for that same reason - it sounds dull. I'm glad to hear someone else says this. Plus, there's the 45 minute walk on the bad surface carrying an innertube and the intimate presence of 400 other cruisers!

Ok - I realize that almost everyone who posts here loves the excursion, so maybe it's just me.

Just a quick note...we went with cavetubing.com. Had a great time. The 45 minute walk was not on a bad surface although the heat was stifling. However the guides carried some of the innertubes, mine included. One guide was carrying 5 tubes all hanging on his arm!

It is a lazy river but was still fun.

Thanks for everyone's advice. I think we may go to Caye Caulker instead. We have been to many caverns locally and did a white water rafting trip down the Snake River last summer. I think it may be so hot when we go in August that walking through the jungle may be too much. Maybe we'll go another time if we ever get back to Belize.

We really enjoyed going to Smugglers Run and doing horseback riding in the jungle. Trevor and Cathy do a great job of making sure everyone has a good time. Check out some of the posts about it and let me know if you have any questions. With 5 of you, Trevor's pricing my be pretty attractive as well. ;)

I truly found cave tubing very relaxing and very much needed after going and going 2 days prior. I really needed to just stop relax and enjoy and let everyone else do the work for me! I had 4 ports on my cruise and this was port 3 and it was a nice break inbetween the other ports of going going going :D

[cave%20tubing%20and%20zooquote=3xy4mom;10403958]A friend of mine just returned from the Legend where she took a cave tubing excursion in Belize. She said it was basically like a lazy river and the cave was nothing special. In fact, she said it was a little boring. Anyone else feel this way? If we don't do cave tubing, what would be your suggestion. We are doing the zip-line in Roatan and Rays, Reef, & Rum Pt in Grand Cayman. Active family of 5 - sons 15, 12, & 10.

Archived