QM2 Upgrade

Ribble

Judy and I are booked on the 8/3/07 transatlantic from NY. One of the questions asked by Cunard on the phone was if we would accept an upgrade (from P1). I said "yes, but not Q7" which has no tub and has other "accessible" features which, unless you need them, are less than desirable.

They said you cannot qualify your response because the upgrades are done automatically, and you won't know until you are aboard what such an upgrade would be.

Is this the experience of others that you can't say "no Q7" or similar?

Judy and I are booked on the 8/3/07 transatlantic from NY. One of the questions asked by Cunard on the phone was if we would accept an upgrade (from P1). I said "yes, but not Q7" which has no tub and has other "accessible" features which, unless you need them, are less than desirable.

They said you cannot qualify your response because the upgrades are done automatically, and you won't know until you are aboard what such an upgrade would be.

Is this the experience of others that you can't say "no Q7" or similar?

Yes - this is the system. It's all or nothing. I normally mark my booking "do not upgrade because my wife wouldn't want the QS grade - although we'd be quite happy to have a Q1.

It's a risk you take. If a bath means that much to you, your ONLY option is to mark the booking "no upgrade".

Matthew

Yes - this is the system. It's all or nothing. I normally mark my booking "do not upgrade because my wife wouldn't want the QS grade - although we'd be quite happy to have a Q1.

It's a risk you take. If a bath means that much to you, your ONLY option is to mark the booking "no upgrade".

Matthew

It's not the bathtub - - there are no closets. But I understand and appreciate your reply.

It's not the bathtub - - there are no closets. But I understand and appreciate your reply.

What I told the pleasant woman on the phone at Cunard last month when I booked our next PG cabin was that we did not want to be considered for an upgrade to any handicap accessible QG cabin. And she she said "Fine, I'll write that down".

Paul

When we booked our P2, there was no mention of accepting or declining upgrades.

One was offered a few days before we sailed, which was a Q3 which didn't have a balcony. The travel agent rang us and gave us the option to accept or decline the upgrade. We took it!

This was June last year.

Archived