What ever happened to..........

relaxin3344

the boards when people sailing on the same date and ship would communicate with each other. Get to know each other a little bit and pass hints along to each other. I must agree with cruise critic in that these boards tend to be vindictive towards the cruise lines. These people should e-mail the cruise lines and not post frustrations on the board.. I and b/h have been cruising for many years and have had our share of cruises we would rather not remember, over time they are forgotten and replaced by the great cruises that we have had. Not long ago on rcl we had over 200 sailing at the same time on the boards and rcl provided us with a lounge with beverages and food and name tags, On the first day so that we could all get together and meet face to face.. rcl did this for free.... This turned out to be one of my my most fun filled cruises and also one of the worst I have ever taken..

I believe that the boards should be used for cruisers to compare goals and tips before the cruise and to compare notes afterwards.. cruising should be fun and so should these boards...Lets help each other to have fun....

We are sailing on the Spirit on Sept 18th ( first time ncl) rcl 16 hcl 4 cunnard 3 ( not titanic) and many other ships and lines we would enjoy chatting with anyone else sailing with us....

relaxin3344

Hi, you might want to go and check out the 'roll call' section on the CC board. That is usually the best place to find others who are cruising on your ship and date.

Royal Carribean and Celebrity have a special agreement whereby they will host get-togethers for CC members who pre-register as long as the number reaches 25 or more.

NCL does not have a formal arrangement like that, I don't think, but on a few recent cruises, when someone from CC has taken the time to notify NCL in advance that there would be a group from CC on a particular cruise, I think they have helped to set up some sort of mixer.

Yes that is true. On Feb.10 sailing this year we had about 30/40 in our CC group. We contacted NCL and told them we were meeting in the Star Bar at a certain time. They set up a nice coffee an pasty table and officers came to welcome us and fill us in what was happening on NCL. Very nice:)

Originally posted by relaxin3344

I believe that the boards should be used for cruisers to compare goals and tips before the cruise and to compare notes afterwards.. cruising should be fun and so should these boards...Lets help each other to have fun....

I believe that the Cruise Critic owners/creators/administrators are making efforts to bring the board more in line with their intent, which sounds similar to what you have stated. You might check out the thread "A Note to All NCL Forum Participants" if you are interested and/or if you haven't already. I love the helpful hints, positive and negative.

As gardencat and seahorse mentioned, there are Cruise Critic gatherings to be enjoyed on NCL as well:) . I agree that this can add a great aspect to a cruise, and we have really enjoyed meeting our fellow CCs on board! We used the "Roll Call" board and met some really neat people:) .

Archived