First 2007 Review, Jewel ,May 25th

Boay was supposed to dock at 7- actually arrived at 4:30 Am- IF you had an express checkout- (you walk off with your bags- you could have left right at 7- by 8 almost everyone was off by 9-everyone was

We are planning on taking the train back to London. There is one that leaves a little after 9 and one that leaves a little after 10. Would it be rushed if we aimed for the one a little after 9, or should we wait for the one at 10?

I also have booked a private tour in Klaipeda to Palanga the Amber Museum

Terry, mind sharing who you booked with in Klaipeda? I'm not finding any of the ship tours to be exactly what I want as I want to go to Palanga, the Witches' Hill and the bird sanctuary.

Glad to help you out. I booked with Krantas Tours. My contact is Marius Serapinas. His e-mail is marius.serapinas@krantas.lt My husband and I wanted to go to Palanga and didn't want to use the ship tour. I tried to find out about renting a car but the cost was outrageous. I found the Krantas website which has several different shore excursions for Klaipeda. I sent for more info and they answered very quickly. I think they might be the company that the cruise lines use. Here is their website..... http://www.cruiseklaipeda.com/?en=start . You might have to look under cruise Klaipeda and the shore excursions are to the left on the page. They are going to do the timing based on when our ship is docking and leaving. It sounds like a really nice tour. We are going with 4 other couples, so the price is good. I know that they use a minibus for up to 14 if you choose. Anyhow, I am really looking forward to this trip. If you want any further info you can e-mail me directly at tetelman@hotmail.com Hope this helps!!

Terry

Did you take the ship's transportation into any of the ports? If so, how much did it cost? Where do they drop you off? How much time does it take to go to and from the ship? In general, did you find it convenient and worthwhile? Thanks.

Glad to help you out. I booked with Krantas Tours. My contact is Marius Serapinas. His e-mail is marius.serapinas@krantas.lt My husband and I wanted to go to Palanga and didn't want to use the ship tour. I tried to find out about renting a car but the cost was outrageous. I found the Krantas website which has several different shore excursions for Klaipeda. I sent for more info and they answered very quickly. I think they might be the company that the cruise lines use. Here is their website..... http://www.cruiseklaipeda.com/?en=start . You might have to look under cruise Klaipeda and the shore excursions are to the left on the page. They are going to do the timing based on when our ship is docking and leaving. It sounds like a really nice tour. We are going with 4 other couples, so the price is good. I know that they use a minibus for up to 14 if you choose. Anyhow, I am really looking forward to this trip. If you want any further info you can e-mail me directly at tetelman@hotmail.com Hope this helps!!

Thank you, Terry!

Archived