Visiting Kennedy Space Station

Littleclover

Hello all - I have tried searching this board but have not found the information I am seeking. We are sailing the Spirit and will be in Cape Canaveral on 7/17 from 9a-7p. I would like to take me son to tour the Kennedy Space Station but can not find on any websites exactly how far it is from the pier we are docking at and if there is any transportation? Would we take a cab? If so, does anyone know the average cost?

Thanks a bunch!

Oh, what a treat! I've heard so many good things about Kennedy. You can see the launch pad right from the ship. It's not as close as it looks, though. It's just a straight "line-of-sight" thing. You'll be on NCL Spirit, right? I would book an excursion to Kennedy through NCL. They'll have buses waiting for you at the pier. If I'm not mistaken, it's about 45 minutes from the ship. If you want to save a little money, just get a cab (there will be plenty waiting) and do the tour on your own.

On our last Dawn cruise, we docked at Port Canaveral and we chose to do Disney over Kennedy. If we do that itinerary again, we're DEFINITELY doing Kennedy instead.

Happy Sailing!

Hello all - I have tried searching this board but have not found the information I am seeking. We are sailing the Spirit and will be in Cape Canaveral on 7/17 from 9a-7p. I would like to take me son to tour the Kennedy Space Station but can not find on any websites exactly how far it is from the pier we are docking at and if there is any transportation? Would we take a cab? If so, does anyone know the average cost?

Thanks a bunch!

Go to http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com and you will find the information you need.

Always

Shirley

Go to http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com and you will find the information you need.

Always

Shirley

Well then I have missed it somewhere on the website. I have searched all over the site to see what kind of transportation is available and it just gives a link to the area tourism center. I was looking for more detailed info if there are any public busses or is my only option a taxicab besides the ship tour.

Kennedy Space Center is a wonderful place. DH and I love to go there. There is no transportation offered to Kennedy Space Center unless you take an excursion via your cruiseline. You may rent a car which will pick you up at the cruise terminal and return you after you drop off the car. There are 3 rental agencies in the area. I got this info from the above mentioned site (look under fa questions). Also check out the spacecoastdotcom website.

Make sure you visit Kennedy. It is awesome. Your son will love it.

Archived