Cruising during the SuperBowl??

I was on X's Infinity during the Super Bowl. They showed it in the movie theatre; had someone there to serve drinks (not free); and had nothing to eat, no snacks, etc. It was just a place to watch football..................nothing special!!

However, I've been at a few Caribbean Resorts during the Super Bowl, and that was a whole other story...............food galore, with more of a party atmosphere.

Prefer the later.

I cruised 2 yrs during that time...... and several clubs, lounges had parties and specials, including food going on.. it was nice.. shown on the big screen, free munchies, etc.. drinks, obviously, not free

My family sailed with RCCL and they really threw a party, it was great! My son and dgtr-in law sailed with X and they didn't do much, just lg screen set up, nothing special like we had on the Majesty and they did the Majesty with us so they knew what a party RCCL threw!

Has anyone cruised during the SuperBowl? I am looking at some Feb 2008 cruises and wondered if they did anything like a SuperBowl party.

TIA

There are a large group of CC people sailing the Explorer OTS. this Feb out of Cape Liberty and were planning lots of parties come join us Look up thread for Feb. 3rd. 08 sailing.

Also a few years back while on a Celebrity cruise they had super bowl in the main theater and had pools going too was lots of fun.. Go for It you'll have a great time.:D :p

We were on the Mariner this past Super Bowl. They had a big party in Studio B, showing the game and they had lots of snacks.

We were on Brilliance at the Panama Canal for Super Bowl and missed dinner to watch the game. They showed the game in the sports bar, schooner bar and colony club with plenty of hot dogs and munchies. It was Intl feed on Espn so no commercials to watch.

A few years back we were on the Soverign for the superbowl. They had it in the theatre and they had a buffet set up right in there with hotdogs, chicken wings, pizza, (typical superbowl food). Drinks obviously were not included.

Archived