World Cruise 2008

dusababy

I am booked on part of next year's World Cruise - departs FLL January 16.

Those Cruisers from 2007 World Cruise -- would you do it again? Are you booked for next year? Will it be a tough act to follow? Will Silversea slip and not repeat what has been reported as pretty stellar experience?

Would love to have any comments from those who've BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

Dusababy

We would do it again in a NY minute! I would expect the same level of excellence and not go looking for disappontment. If it happens, it will be short-lived. We did not sign up for next year's, although quite a few people did. The majority of the ports are the same except for the transpac piece. We will be going to the 'Whisper in January along with quite a few folks from the WC who felt the same way. Hope that answers your query.

Oops, forgot. I don't know which segments you are on, but the overland trips we did with SS were very well run with great accommodations except for the Galapagos. The trip got all @#$%^&&%% up and the hotel was a long walk from the pier but it all worked out in the end. I am sure that won't happen again! It caused much aggravation that traveled to all levels of SS management. BUT...don't miss the Galapagos if you get the opportunity.

Chelonia, by now I imagine you know who I ran into this morning! We will be circling your ship today before you go! Hope you get this!!

Sorry we missed you. Home now.My "friend" goes in for hip replacement surgery Monday the 25th.

Archived