No Need To Worry about late passports!!!

jasutrick

Folks this has nothing to do with cruise travel. It only applies to flying out and back for travel to Mexico and Canada.

The cruise deadline for passports is still Jan 1 2008 although lawmakers are being very vocal about wanting it delayed, giving a vote of no confidence to DHS.

But if a person sent in their birth certificate it IS AN ISSUE as cruiselines are still stating a brith certificate and photo ID are required if not using a passport. The cruiselines also have to give some leway on this for those in passport limbo.

Basically our Gov't. screwed up and got blindsided by their own ridicuolous rule and not being prepared for the swarm of applications that have hit them square in the face !

But if a person sent in their birth certificate it IS AN ISSUE as cruiselines are still stating a brith certificate and photo ID are required if not using a passport. The cruiselines also have to give some leway on this for those in passport limbo.

Basically our Gov't. screwed up and got blindsided by their own ridicuolous rule and not being prepared for the swarm of applications that have hit them square in the face !

Unless you were born outside of the U.S., it is very easy to get a new birth certificate. Why not just order a new one just in case your passport doesn't get here in time.

Thank you, Maddea20, $55 in 2004,

mine is 8 yo it was $40.

From US PP office today,

The passport application fee is $67 .

Expedited Service - Add $60 for each application.

plus whatever the USPS or local courthouse charges to process.

So expedited service from a local courthouse [$30] plus $127 to USPP, $157.00.

Can $200. be far away?

Dan

Unless you were born outside of the U.S., it is very easy to get a new birth certificate. Why not just order a new one just in case your passport doesn't get here in time.

It's real simple.... I paid for an expedited passport and why should I be forced to pay for something else when the gov't. is not fufilling its part of the arrangement. It's a principle here and I am well aware that I can get a certificied copy, but just frustrating.

Thank you, Maddea20, $55 in 2004,

mine is 8 yo it was $40.

From US PP office today,

The passport application fee is $67 .

Expedited Service - Add $60 for each application.

plus whatever the USPS or local courthouse charges to process.

So expedited service from a local courthouse [$30] plus $127 to USPP, $157.00.

Can $200. be far away?

Dan

Your welcome!

We have always had passports, We do lots of last minute travels. Just ran across a great deal for a cruise tour in Russia. I have no passport because I was required to turn it back in. The relax state does not apply to this trip. So now we can't go. They have had mine for 4 months. When we first applied many years ago it took like 3 weeks max.

There's a website for the State Department that you can check the status of your passport. If you need it FAST, you can call the State Department and for an extra $50.00 they will expidite procedures & Federal Express it to you. I had to do that last year when I had to go to Japan. It was stressful, but I got my passport 3 days before my flight left for Japan.

Well I just heard on the news that the airport will scan some code or punch in a code in there system and it will connect to the agency who issues Passports so that they will know you applied for a Passport.

I believe the "code" they will scan, or enter into the system will be the passport application locator number that you have to get from the DOS website. If for some reason the system cannot find your application, or if your identifying information is duplicated by someone else with a pending application, then you cannot check status or print the application receipt.

This is all a bit of a hassle. Applied for mom's and DS's passport March 15th for our July 5 cruise, that was 12 weeks ago yesterday. I am in the process of getting DS another birth certificate and getting the passport receipt for both. Mom's on the other hand is a bit stessful. We do have mom's Birth Cert. they sent her old passport in for the new one, but what we don't have is Gov. issued photo ID. She will go to DMV Monday morn to apply for a non-drivers ID (78 years old and never drove) but I was told 4 weeks to obtain, we have 3 1/2 to cruise date. Never thought we wouldn't have passport in time nor did we think to get photo ID earlier (she has used her passport for years as ID). Now we don't really need passports for this cruise, but wanted in the event of an emergency, but still need Photo ID to board ship. grrrrrrrrrrr.

Note to self, take a deep breathe and relax you will be on a cruise in 27 days (hopefully) :D

Archived