Clothing Steamers?

I'm thinking about investing in a clothing steamer to take on our next cruise. Do they really work as well as an iron? Most of the travel size models I've seen online seem kind of big - are they worth the luggage space? Any brand suggestions? Thanks!

I bought this one on the recommendation of another poster on the boards. I haven't tried it yet, but he says it works well despite the bad review on target.com. :)

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-2/qid=1181357832/ref=sr_1_2/601-2726849-8572913?ie=UTF8&asin=B000BQW7NG

I was going to buy the Conair one, but I haven't found very many good reviews on it anywhere.

I can highly recommend the Jiffy E-Steam. It's pricey but worth it. Works much better than a cheaper model I used to have and I use it at home to steam out wrinkles.

It really doesn't take a lot of room in the suitcase -- no more than a pair of shoes.

has one the has a handle on it, a res for water, and is arrow shaped(like iron, but smaller) and comes in a zipper canvas bag..size of a pr of shoes. very easy, does a good touch up job..$30-ish

Thanks everyone for the tips.

cruisemom42 - I've had my eye on the Jiffy E-Steam, but I always like to get first hand feedback on whether it really works. I've never used a steamer before, so I was wondering if it was really as easy and effective as the demo video that Jiffy has online makes it out to be.

Can I bring a Steamer onboard? I know irons are not allowed. Has anyone brought a steamer onboard?

see my above post..sowwy:( for got to say it was a steamer..but w/water resovoir..duh..is me

Thanks everyone for the tips.

cruisemom42 - I've had my eye on the Jiffy E-Steam, but I always like to get first hand feedback on whether it really works. I've never used a steamer before, so I was wondering if it was really as easy and effective as the demo video that Jiffy has online makes it out to be.

Well I haven't seen the video, but it does work well. It's much better than the portable steamer I had previously (and better than one my mom bought recently). It removes most wrinkles, with the exception of linen (but then, what DOES work on linen???)

I use it a lot at home too rather than drag out the iron and I'm pretty meticulous with my clothing.

Well I just thought I'd post a little update to this. I took cruisemom42's advice and bought the Jiffy E-Steam...I even got the pink one - in my mind it helped swallow the spendy price tag knowing at least part of it was going to charity. :p

And I have to say it really does work well, especially on sweaters - it doesn't mashed down the yarns like an iron does.

I can totally see using this at home for everyday use instead of an iron.

So if anyone is on the fence about getting one...I give it a thumbs up.

• 7 months later...

Archived