I Need Help

sira3

Ok I have a question do you think it is better to rent a car in vancouver for two days for sightseeing or should we take public transportation. there are 6 of us and the car is a good price. but we have never been there before and don't know how the parking situation would be. oh we are staying at the Pan Pacific if that helps. Thanks for any information you can give.

You may want to post this on the West coast departures board and the Canada board. But from what I have read, the Pan Pacific is right downtown at the cruise terminal, and there are plenty of options for public transportation and also things to walk to. I guess it would depend on what you want to see.

I live in Vanc. going on my first cruise to Alaska in Aug. I can tell you, since you are staying down town, you can get around by foot or public transport, IF you want to head out of town then a car is the way to go.

Parking sucks in every big city and Vancouver is no better, and with the construction going on for the Olympics 2010 it is even worse. My opinion, stay in town and use transportation or taxi..it will save you alot of headaches.

Welcome to by beautiful city and if I can be of assistance, let me know, here and we can exchange emails.

Parking is difficult downtown Vancouver, but I do drive there frequently on my trips. Be VERY informed on their signs and what's what. They ticket in no parking zones and the signs are completely different than the US.

Archived