Day in Provence

We'll be in port at Marseille from 7 am to 4:30 pm and intend to rent a car for a drive in the country. I'm planning a route from Marseille to St. Remy and Les Baux de Provence, then to Gordes and Apt, then down to Aix and back to Marseille.

Is this drive doable?

I would certainly complement you on your itinerary...in a word its Great! Yes, its quite doable and depending on how fast you can get your car and on the road. My wife reminded me that when we were at Gordes they had a wonderful craft market. I also think you have planned the proper route for this day trip by working your way back to Marseille from Apt. If time becomes a problem you would just have to skp Aix...but the beauty of your plan is that you would have lots of flexibility. Just thinking of this wonderful drive makes me want to be back in Provence. Of course we do not miss paying nearly $8 a gallon for gas (smile).

Hank

Thanks for the encouragement. I like the idea of a drive in the country, the markets, lavender fields, vineyards and photo opps. I was a bit worried I had planned too broad a route. I'll report back in August.

I'm a little surprised there isn't more talk about Provence...

Thanks again,

Vicki

Archived