Video of Pacific Sun arriving in Sydney

Neilius

The cruisecam suffered a bit in the storm last night and didn't upload too many images.

So I took a bit of poetic "license" and merged in some news footage to make it a bit more interesting.

Hope you enjoy it. If not, please be patient with me - we should get some better shots when the weather clears up and the ship enters calmer waters.

Regards

Neil

Great work, Neilius.

I watched that one a few times. Unbelievable that only 4 people were up on the web cam deck when she went under the Harbour Bridge. :eek:

Loved the music too, one of my favourites.

Just wondering, our first cruise is in Sept out of Brisbane. So, are the rough seas more out of Sydney rather than from Brisbane to the islands ? Just trying to calm my nervous tummy :eek:

Hi SA,

I can tell you, following a number of cruises out of either location that the seas are definitely calmer out of Brisbane. That doesn't mean you won't face rough weather, just ask any of the many CCers who have been caught in cyclones off the Qld coast, just that generally they are calmer.

Cheers,

Charmain:)

I've done 3 cruises, two out of Brisbane and one out of Sydney - and the smoothest of those was out of Sydney!!! :)

However, the ones out out of Brisbane were during cylcone season, and, and the roughest one was through the tail end of Cyclone Watti, and it was only for the first night and part of the next day as we got away from the Australian coast. As you are going in September you should be avoiding the cyclonic weather patterns, so it should be OK. I hope so anyway as we're sailing in September too!!

Kym

Our cruise out of Sydney was also very smooth. In 11 days, we had one that was a bit rough & that was 2 days before getting back to Sydney.

Hope it's just as good next time. It doesn't bother me being a bit rough but don't particularly want to have sick kids while holidaying:eek: .

Karen

Archived