Need nice beachfront hotel 1 night Ft. Lauderdale. Suggestions???

bahouse3

We stayed pre-cruise in November for $70 at the Double Tree. Got that rate through Priceline. It is beachfront with very large rooms. We have also stayed at the Bahia Mar. The Double Tree is just as nice.

We stayed 2 days prior to the Cruise at a great location, which I am reluctant to talk about, because it has got to be the best kept secret in Fort Lauderdale. We had a living room, den, 2 bathrooms, a seperate bedroom with bath, and sofa sleeper in the living. This room could easily sleep 6. Small kitchenette( microwave, sink, dishes, dishwasher, and refridge).

The amenties at the location were excellent. A small putt-putt course, tennis courts, a playground, hammocks, an OLYMPIC size pool, plus a 9000 gallon "lagoon"-similiar to a lazy river but no currect. Private beach, 2 restaranants, ocean grill, pool bar, ice cream shop, resort wear shop. My only complaint is that to have beach chairs and umbrellas is was 20.00 a day! We found out on the second day, that not only is this a resort, but a private club for the local "elite".

Everybody from the pool staff to the check in desk was excellent. They have complimentary beach towels to use by the pool and the beach. Everything is on a cash-less system you just charge it to your room. Our room was only 165.00 per day!!! Free parking and you can leave you car at the resort and take a taxi to the port if you wish.

it is called...................................Lago Mar Resort. I highly recommend it!!

You can watch the cruise ships leave the port daily. It is about 5-7 minutes from Port Everglades by car!

We did not eat there as the prices were a bit pricey, and we drove to eat! So, if you do NOt have car, it might not be the best place to stay! But if you have a car..it is awesome!!!

See the thread called Ft. Lauderdale Hotels...there are several people that seconded my recommendation...and told me to keep this place a secret!We stayed 2 days prior to the Cruise at a great location, which I am reluctant to talk about, because it has got to be the best kept secret in Fort Lauderdale. We had a living room, den, 2 bathrooms, a seperate bedroom with bath, and sofa sleeper in the living. This room could easily sleep 6. Small kitchenette( microwave, sink, dishes, dishwasher, and refridge).

The amenties at the location were excellent. A small putt-putt course, tennis courts, a playground, hammocks, an OLYMPIC size pool, plus a 9000 gallon "lagoon"-similiar to a lazy river but no currect. Private beach, 2 restaranants, ocean grill, pool bar, ice cream shop, resort wear shop. My only complaint is that to have beach chairs and umbrellas is was 20.00 a day! We found out on the second day, that not only is this a resort, but a private club for the local "elite".

Everybody from the pool staff to the check in desk was excellent. They have complimentary beach towels to use by the pool and the beach. Everything is on a cash-less system you just charge it to your room. Our room was only 165.00 per day!!! Free parking and you can leave you car at the resort and take a taxi to the port if you wish.

it is called...................................Lago Mar Resort. I highly recommend it!!

You can watch the cruise ships leave the port daily. It is about 5-7 minutes from Port Everglades by car!

We did not eat there as the prices were a bit pricey, and we drove to eat! So, if you do NOt have car, it might not be the best place to stay! But if you have a car..it is awesome!!!

Holiday Inn would not be at the top of my list, though it's a basic 3*. In addition to the others suggested above, the Doubletree Oceanfront, both Sheratons and the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort are good options in different price ranges. Most of the hotels mentioned in this thread are available through Priceline and/or Hotwire.

Archived