Western Mediterranean Weather

Hi,

If anyone has cruised the Western Mediterranean, the last half of October or first part of November, I'd appreciate an email telling me what kind of temperatures, overall weather and sea conditions we should expect.

Thanks

Hi,

If anyone has cruised the Western Mediterranean, the last half of October or first part of November, I'd appreciate an email telling me what kind of temperatures, overall weather and sea conditions we should expect.

Thanks

The weather is very similar to Spring weather: warm (mid-70's), with some scattered showers. The Western Med tends to have warm weather into the Fall. However, we were there on the Brilliance, and the weather in Venice and the Greek islands was cool and light rain. So, if you are referring to Barcelona, Florence, Rome, etc., then you should have mild weather.

I put the ports for all our trips on My Yahoo home page. There's a place for tracking weather. I add the cities (or nearest) about 10 days before I cruise. Then I can track the weather before the trip. That way you can see if they are getting rain, etc., and pack accordingly. It's also helpful on board ship if you log in and check for the next several days.

Thank you Peggy for the encouraging reply. Our ship stops at most of the Italian ports and Nice. Hopefully, we'll have mild weather. I was afraid it was going to be windy and cool. There's so much to do outside on the Voyager, I don't want to be cooped up inside.

Thanks for the tip about tracking the weather. That's a great idea.

Diane

P.S. I want to die on a ship, too!! What a way to go!!

We were there the last of October last year and the only weather that could have been better was Capri and Florence. Capri was VERY windy and very cool. Florence was cloudy and windy which made it seem cooler.

Hi,

We've taken several cruises during the summer months in the Caribbean. We've never had any trouble as far as ruff seas. It's the rainy season, so expect to have that afternoon or evening rain shower. Be prepared for the high temps and humidity. You feel like you're in a sauna, but hey, that should be great for the skin!! Take lots of #30 sunscreen. Still get a great tan but don't burn.

Have fun,

Diane

Dear Truffles.

Thanks for the reply. Now I have a better idea of how to pack. By any chance, do you know of a board that has reviews of private tour operators that fellow cruisers have used. If you do, I'd appreciate you sending me a reply. Thanks again, Diane

Archived