Infamous SkySuite #8057

Spf12

Other than Lee on 5/12 cruise has anyone stayed in this cabin since then.I'm particularly interested in the noise level from the pool deck above.The room is directly below the pool grill.

I'm not sure if "other than Lee" you mean me or not, since my name isn't Lee and I wasn't on the 5/12 cruise. So, I'll answer anyway :) . My parents were in that cabin on 5/19 and my dad found it so noisy that he got them to move him to another cabin.

If you get this cabin and are used to the quiet countryside like my dad is, bring ear plugs. If you're like me, and live in a city and can sleep through garbage trucks outside your window in the morning, you might not find it as bothersome (but I can't say because I wasn't there). It seems that noise level tolerance is a pretty individualized thing.

I'm not sure if "other than Lee" you mean me or not, since my name isn't Lee and I wasn't on the 5/12 cruise. So, I'll answer anyway :) . My parents were in that cabin on 5/19 and my dad found it so noisy that he got them to move him to another cabin.

If you get this cabin and are used to the quiet countryside like my dad is, bring ear plugs. If you're like me, and live in a city and can sleep through garbage trucks outside your window in the morning, you might not find it as bothersome (but I can't say because I wasn't there). It seems that noise level tolerance is a pretty individualized thing.

thank you,ithank you for your response.my concern is i bookrd this cabin on the 9/15 cruise and have concerns about the stateroom.

I have been on many cruises and the reality is that it is best to be above and or below another cabin or an office. Pool decks, restaurants, clubs etc an be noisy. I have been on this ship b4 (when renaissance) and probably decks 6 & 7 are the quietest

There's an even happier ending to my parents' story. My dad had written up the problems with 8057 on the 5/12 cruise in great detail on his comment form. The night before last, he received an email from Celebrity/Azamara asking him to call them. He called in, and spent about 45 minutes on the phone discussing his experience on the ship, for both good and for bad. They apologized for the discomfort he experienced while on board, thanked him for his time, and gave him and my mom a discount off a future cruise.

I guess it's safe to say that the company is now well aware of the noise, plumbing, and A/C issues my parents experienced a month ago. And heck, that was a month ago, so hopefully there's also been time to get them rectified.

There's an even happier ending to my parents' story. My dad had written up the problems with 8057 on the 5/12 cruise in great detail on his comment form. The night before last, he received an email from Celebrity/Azamara asking him to call them. He called in, and spent about 45 minutes on the phone discussing his experience on the ship, for both good and for bad. They apologized for the discomfort he experienced while on board, thanked him for his time, and gave him and my mom a discount off a future cruise.

I guess it's safe to say that the company is now well aware of the noise, plumbing, and A/C issues my parents experienced a month ago. And heck, that was a month ago, so hopefully there's also been time to get them rectified.

Thank you for the information.My wife and I are booked in cab#8057 for the 9/15 cruise. My wish is that the problems your parents had have been rectified.

I have been on many cruises and the reality is that it is best to be above and or below another cabin or an office. Pool decks, restaurants, clubs etc an be noisy. I have been on this ship b4 (when renaissance) and probably decks 6 & 7 are the quietest

Unfortunately, Deck 8 is the only deck that Suites are on, at least to my knowledge. To go down to 6 or 7, we'd have to downgrade rooms, which I really don't want to do...

does anyone know if 8070 will be a problem with noise...........we asked to be away from the elevators for noise and now i worry about noise on the 8th floor, but i want the sky suite...................our only noise at home is the occasional owl. :D

Booked cabin #8056 port side for 9/29. Pool Grill on deck 9 is starboard side?? Port side on deck 9?? Live in quiet surroundings; packing earplugs.

Thanks to all for the info.

does anyone know if 8070 will be a problem with noise...........we asked to be away from the elevators for noise and now i worry about noise on the 8th floor, but i want the sky suite...................our only noise at home is the occasional owl. :D

On the May 19th cruise, we were across the hall from the elevators on Deck 8. I was concerned about noise from the equipment or persons gathering in the area. Both went unfounded. I heard no equipment noise and the folks who did wait to ride were fairly low-key. This is completely different than the folks traveling on the Explorer of Seas last August, quite a boisterious bunch everywhere on the ship, a fact I didn't mind at all.

Booked cabin #8056 port side for 9/29. Pool Grill on deck 9 is starboard side?? Port side on deck 9?? Live in quiet surroundings; packing earplugs.

Thanks to all for the info.

Hi neighbour....we are booked in next door (8054) on the 09-29 cruise! Looking forward to a wonderful week.

Rick

Hi neighbour....we are booked in next door (8054) on the 09-29 cruise! Looking forward to a wonderful week.

Rick

Looking forward to meeting 'neighbors'. Have been to Bermuda before and really looking forward to having the balcony. Not going to worry about anything being wrong/noisy; just looking forward to being on that beautiful island and having a wonderful week.

Archived