Entertainment Coupon Book

rcrj762

We will be leaving in two weeks for our cruise. We have purchased two Hawaii Entertainment books. What are some coupons you have used from the Entertainment Book and how was the service? Thanks for any info.

Thanks SueBee,

What did you think of the Don Ho Show?

Um, to be perfectly frank, I couldve done without it. But that being said, let me explain.

I didnt know anything about him going in. I didnt even know the words to Tiny Bubbles. The people of that generation were singing along and really loving his show.

The cocktail seats are in the back. While the theatre isnt large, being in back felt like being in the back. The seats were uncomfortable and I felt removed from the intimate show. The people in the front were the dinner patrons and like I said, they seemed to enjoy it much more than we did.

You can meet with him before the show to take pictures and get autographs. That would be something to go home and tell about.

For me, I couldnt decide if it was his act or he was really a befuddled old guy. If I looked at it like an act, he was rather funny. He was joking about his career and making fun of himself. His songs were run a-la-sing-along. If you dont know the words, it got frustrating.

So it's personal. If you like him, know his songs, you can have a great time there. If you dont, you wont appreciate it.

Just my opinion!

Thanks Suebee - The Don Ho Show is now crossed off our list - we might just enjoy the show at the Sheraton...probably better value and we can enjoy watching the sunset!

I also have the entertainment bood - I will be using the Paradise cove coupon which will pay for the book...the rest are just a small bonus...hopefully can use in Kona and Maui during our shore excursions. Appreciate any tips here as well!

Michelle: I noticed several people saying they were going to use the Body Glove excursion coupon here in Kona...that is probably a good deal and they pick you up at the pier where the tender drops you off. The other ones I've used here in Kona are all food coupons and you probably aren't interested in them since you have all that food on board...lol! If you are - I can give you my thoughts.

However just a little ways from the pier is a place called Scandinavian Shave Ice - have a shave ice there - YUMMY!! Especially if you are hot and sweaty from walking around.

I think there are coupons in there for helicopter rides in Hilo??? Those are a good deal.

On Oahu, I used the coupon last year for dinner at the Pacific Beach Hotel at Neptune's Garden I think it's called - it was THE BEST meal!! and great entertainment, but probably not good for you unless you are on Oahu a couple of days. Don't go to the Royal Steak and Seafood in HHV...yucky!

Emi

Oh WOW, Emi...I'm so glad you said NOT to go to the HHV Royal Steak and Seafood because we were planning on going there since we'll be staying there for a few days pre-cruise. Have you been to the Chinese Restaurant there? There's also a coupon for that one in the book.

Can you recommend a restaurant close to HHV that's in the book? This is our first time to Hawaii, so we're kind of lost...

Thanks!

Eileen: We walked from our hotel about a block from the water front down to HHV and to Neptune's Garden and lots of places really...very easy to get around by walking unless you have a hard time getting around. You can watch them feed the manta rays and the fish at Neptune's Garden too if you go at the right time.

I'm pretty sure we did not eat at the Chinese Restaurant...but wish we had eaten somewhere else besides that Steak and Seafood.

Get those CinniYums (or something like that) at the International Market Place - there is a coupon in your book...they were great...

I remember getting some advice on great places to eat, but it seemed like we couldn't find them or we were too late or something...so we would just eat whereever. We did have lunch once at Chilis, which was pretty good and in the area. I can't remember if we used a coupon or not.

You'll have a great time!!

Emi

Thanks Emi,

I have flagged cinniyums in the book! Nothing better than a cinnamon bun!

We are staying in Oahu two extra days, so hopefully we will get some use out of the book - even if it is for coffee!

I have been thinking about the body glove excursion in Kona, we are not sure yet, might just be a great day to rent a car or go to a local beach! Who knows.

Thanks Again!

• 2 months later...

Is the Body Glove Excursion in the 2005 Entertainment book? I do not see it listed on the website. We are debating whther to purchase the book or not. So far we know we want to do the Body Glove Snorkel and the Polynesian Cultural Center. Are there any restrictions on these offers for 2005?

I buy mine on line. I don't know anywhere on the Big Island to purchase one except I once saw some at Costco but only for a couple of days. Though, I hear they are at Border's but I don't go there so I don't know.

Emi

We love Tanaka, and they have several locations. The one in Waikiki Shopping Center is usually more popular with Japanese tourists, hence a lot of Japanese being spoken. DH went a few nights ago and had dinner with 8 Japanese tourists. He really enjoyed trying to figure out what they were saying, and says he figured out a few words. He was alone, so he really didn't mind. We usually go however to the Tanaka in the Ilikai Hotel. There are also coupons for Sea Life Park that were decent. I'd also see if there are any coupons for Leonard's Bakery. I don't think there were, but that would come in handy.

I can only speak for the Waikiki Shopping Center, but Tanaka there will validate parking so if you have to drive to get there, at least that is covered. There are also "keiki meals" which are basically the same as a grown up meal without the soup for $10. Between the chef, meal and activity book, my kids didnt move an inch and that says a LOT! They still ask for that restaurant 4 months later.

Sorry but Leonards isnt in there....but they did add a bit to the book....Sea Life Park, Hawaiian Waters, Luaus, Zoo and Aquarium are still all there.

Archived