A PCD Playlist for my IPOD

I had a blast with the help of fellow Cruise Critics creating a "pre-cruise" playlist. Now that my cruise is over<sniff,sniff> and PCD has reared it's head, I though maybe my fellow CCers could help out again. Can you help with songs for Post Cruise Depression? (PCD)

So far I've come up with

Bills, Bills, Bills by Destiny's Child.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Karen

I had a blast with the help of fellow Cruise Critics creating a "pre-cruise" playlist.

Im in the process of making my pre-cruise playlist now!!! Can you tell me some of the songs you put on yours....just in case im missing something good?!?!?! Sorry to hear that the PCD has reared its ugly head...thats the WORST part of going on a cruise...having to get off the ship! Reality sets in so quickly once its over :( I hope you had a great time though!

For my MP3 I have lots of Jimmy Buffett, Beachboys, I have some of the Songs from the bands onboard such as Mega 4, with caribbean songs like Hot Hot, Hot, Who let the Dogs Out. Since we are going to Hawaii I downloaded some of Don Ho songs, I have Lets Sail away. Lets not forget Iggy Pop and Lust for Life. I also take my Portable DVD player and burn some CD's to take for the cabin too.

Lexi

For my MP3 I have lots of Jimmy Buffett, Beachboys, I have some of the Songs from the bands onboard such as Mega 4, with caribbean songs like Hot Hot, Hot, Who let the Dogs Out. Since we are going to Hawaii I downloaded some of Don Ho songs, I have Lets Sail away. Lets not forget Iggy Pop and Lust for Life. I also take my Portable DVD player and burn some CD's to take for the cabin too.

Lexi

Yeah, that was on my pre cruise playlist. I started a thread and got GREAT suggestions from the group!)i was just looking for some fun ideas for the "coming home" phase of the cruise.....you know the depressing part - lol. I started looking at "home" themed songs like John Denver's "Ain't it good to be back home again"....

It's a stretch, I know. It's far more fun to create a PRE cruise playlist, isn't it?

Karen

I agree with lots of Jimmy Buffet:

The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful

Margaritaville

It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Let's get drunk

are examples of good ones.

Bob Marley and other reggae:

Red Red Wine

One Love

Go ahead and type some of this into iTunes, listen to some samples, and then you'll know. Just seeing some of the names that come up will jar your memory - You'll be saying, "oh, I forgot about that one." You'll come up with lots of download ideas if you don't already have some of it on CD already.

Come to think of it, shouldn't your post cruise music be basically the same as pre-cruise? You don't want to depress yourself further.

On my PCD playlist, I have a lot of songs that I heard on the ship around the pool, on the sports court, in karaoke, in the promenade, or elsewhere. This helps me remember all the good times, and if I close my eyes, if only for a slit second, I can still feel myself onboard.

Archived