Carnival Taking Royal Caribbean's Port Canaveral Places

dagadget

It is looking more and more like Liberty will be moved there in late 2009. When Genesis comes on line and gets the bugs worked out RCI will need 2 terminals free in order to load that monster. Miami is set up for that already. when Genesis gets there RCI will have to move something out of the way.......RCI is very hesitant to announce this because of the wait factor of the Genesis.......

It could be that RCI has not announced a replacement for Mariner in PC because, like Galveston, there will be none. In which case they HAVE told you the whole story. But my guess is that there will be news forthcoming. They've got 2 years before all the dominoes start to fall anyway and they may be holding back to see if they are going to make any additional changes along the way. Mariner's move is still a long way off.

Don't forget that DCL also has 2 new ships coming out. I'm sure they will not be giving up PC.

Mary

I'd expect that Disney would use their own terminal not Terminal 10 used by RCCL so that might not affect RCCL folks but I could be wrong.

Now if RCI says they are going to replace Mariner with a ship this entire thread would quiet down. They won't even do that...... I could care less for a time frame or a ship name I just want answers and not evasions.

Well - it's a good thing we didn't take that "demanding" attitude with RCCL about bringing us a bigger ship or they would have told us to take a flying leap. Shoot - I bet most of us would have been happy with a Radiance Class - but our PATIENCE is paying off with a huge reward. Chill - this certainly isn't the end of the world.

It's funny how no one cared about the fact that the West Coast has had smaller ships for YEARS (speaking solely of RCCL ships)... the little step children of the West. Everyone could give us plenty of reasons why we didn't deserve them (not enough demand - that's funny, people are finally flying from the EAST coast to do the Mexican Riviera because of the SHIP) or maintain them (that has been remedied.) No one cared - other than us since the gulf & Florida have had the benefit of larger ships (and many many options within driving distance.) But now that they don't have an answer all of a sudden, you are up in arms demanding an answer. We have lived in these shoes for years! Relax, it is just cruising. It's like my children... they start demanding things and I make them wait longer. :p Have a little patience (like the West Coasters have) and you get rewarded. :) This news is so very new - give them a chance to iron it all out.

am also on triumph 9/22, sister and i, had problem w bus transportation from st.augustine to miami,they cancelled jax,st.aug and palm coast,what a bummer but did manage to switch to daytona bch.got motel room for night before so now happy camper, may join the roll call for triumph. are you driving or how are you getting to miami? sissy

Archived