A 3-night cruise on Navigator?

mpb43

Hi everyone,

I'm new to cruising (I'm booked on a Med cruise with an extended family group next month) and would love to try Regent.

I noticed that Regent Navigator has a short 3-night cruise round-trip from Ft. Lauderdale in December.

DH and I are in our mid-forties, but have young kids. A 3-day cruise might be a perfect get-away for us (our first!) while the kids stay with the grandparents who happen to live in Ft. Lauderdale.

We are unwilling to do 7 days away at this time, so I quess I'm wondering if a 3 day cruise is worthwhile. Would it be the Regent experience, just shorter, or would it be a very different cruise?

I know that on other lines, shorter cruises can attract a "party" crowd. I assume this wouldn't be an issue on Regent?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

In our opinion, it would be a wonderful experience -- one that may make you book another cruise while onboard! Although Regent is all-inclusive, we have never seen anything that resembles a party atmosphere on board. Evenings in one lounge can be lively with music and dancing while in another people are chatting and sipping drinks.

The suites are lovely -- food is great! Hope you have a great cruise and then write about it so we hear about your experience!

Travelcat2,

Thanks for the feedback. The more I think about it, the more I think that this may be the perfect short getaway.

I have no doubt that I would love a longer trip on Regent, but as I stated, my husband and I are just not ready to be away from the kids for so long.

However, in two or three years...:)

Archived