Just booked Australia, January 4th!

Luxuriate

I'm almost feeling sick! I just booked CC cabin 8185 on the 14 night Sydney to Auckland cruise leaving January 4, 2009, on the Millennium.

I think it will be about a year before I tell my husband! Gulp! I booked it for three, me, my husband, and our son (he'll be four when we go).

We've cruised on Celebrity five times in the last 10 years. My husband has said the last two years that he is "sick" of cruising. I know he really wants to go to Australia but he wants to go on some "wild-a$$" outback trip ...DID I TELL YOU WE WILL HAVE A FOUR-YEAR-OLD! Anyway, I broke down and put the deposit on the cruise. We have a CC Aft cabin! How can I give that up??? Never had CC and never had AFT, I just can't wait.

I know if I told my husband now he would say, "I don't want to go on a cruise to Austrialia!" He'd want to go on some little tiny ship in the caribbean for about 5 days. UGH!

I did this one time before. For our honeymoon I booked a 13 night cruise on Celebrity through Europe. In fact it was on the Millenium when she was brand new. I didn't tell my soon-to-be fiance anything about it until about a month before the wedding. I knew he would complain about being stuck on a ship when we could be out touring Europe. TRUTH BE TOLD---He loved it! I'm hoping it works again for Australia. Having a pre-schooler on an outback nature adventure just doesn't sound like fun to me. I want the cruise!!!

Wish me luck!

Cheryl

I wish you luck, Cheryl! :)

I'm sure that your husband will realize that with a small child, being on a cruise ship is the better option than an outback expedition. You can always tell your husband that you would be happy to do an outback with him, just the two of you, after the child has grown. Give plenty of hints of romantic evenings under the stars. ;)

Donald.

Archived