Statendam Asia question

Live4cruises

I was wondering where Statendam docks in Dalian China. I've checked the Asia boards, and there are comments that Princess docks at the freight port because of the ship's size, and I know HAL ships are often smaller. The reason for my question is the length of the walk to points of interest in Dalian if we choose not to take a HAL excursion.

Thanks for your help on this - and any other comments about the Osaka - Hong Kong route.

I was wondering where Statendam docks in Dalian China. The reason for my question is the length of the walk to points of interest in Dalian if we choose not to take a HAL excursion.

I did the 62 day Asia/Pacific in 05 on the Amsterdam. Dalian is a working port. I don't remember if people were allowed to get off the ship on their own. Only those that were on excursions. I do know that when I excursion that I was on, it took a while for the bus to get out of the port area.

The air there is pretty dirty. I tried to attach a pic of the map I got of Dalian.

scan00012.jpg.15f27f0a16dc43f63d5cbf24b7cc113f.jpg

Archived