Dolls, Hawaii

star gazer

DW is a fine doll collector and I am falling short finding a doll makers in Hawaii. A couple of years ago when we visited, I found one maker, but she was going out of business.

Thanx

There was a lady over in Hilo who did gorgeous dolls, but the gallery she showed in went out of business - don't know if she's showing somewhere new now. May be same person you are talking about - she did a marvelous series of the Hawaiian Goddesses - I really coveted her Pele - wish I'd gotten her now...:(

Donna - You might want to contact Hawaiian Arts & Craft (808)981-0518 for info. They might be able to give you the heads up on where your doll makes is showing now.

Star Gazer, likewise, that might be the place for you to start.

Charlie

Donna - You might want to contact Hawaiian Arts & Craft (808)981-0518 for info. They might be able to give you the heads up on where your doll makes is showing now.

Star Gazer, likewise, that might be the place for you to start.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie - will do that! - Also just remembered another gal who does Hawaiian figures - I guess you'd call them dolls - or mini-sculptures - anyway - she has a pretty wide range of characters that she does. My favorites are the Tutu (grandparent) figures - there are lei makers, fishermen, couples seated together - wonderful faces and very nicely done clothes and accessories. She also has hula dancers, children, etc. - figures run around $150 and up and she's carried in a lot of the higher end gift shops and hotel shops around the Big Island. I know that I've seen them at the Orchid's gift shop at Mauna Lani.

Thanks Charlie - will do that! - Also just remembered another gal who does Hawaiian figures - I guess you'd call them dolls - or mini-sculptures - anyway - she has a pretty wide range of characters that she does. My favorites are the Tutu (grandparent) figures - there are lei makers, fishermen, couples seated together - wonderful faces and very nicely done clothes and accessories. She also has hula dancers, children, etc. - figures run around $150 and up and she's carried in a lot of the higher end gift shops and hotel shops around the Big Island. I know that I've seen them at the Orchid's gift shop at Mauna Lani.

Donna,

I could not find the phone number. Do you have a way of finding the number for me?

Thanks,

Chuck

Donna,

I could not find the phone number. Do you have a way of finding the number for me?

Thanks,

Chuck

The shop is called Lamont's Gifts. It is at the Orchid at Mauna Lani. Phone is (808) 885-3610. There are some shops in Honoka'a that also have a few pieces, but I don't remember which ones, sorry.

I collect dolls also and wish I would have bought one at a shop we found in Kaui. I'm sorry I don't remember the name but it was in the small shopping area closest to the port. The dolls were beautifully made and were a little pricey. Sorry I can't be more help but if you find the shopping area you will see the shop.

Hello...

I know that I've seen those beautiful hand made dolls (mentioned in previous post) in one of the shops in the Whaler's Village on Maui (would not be hard to ask where to find them) and in the Cannery Mall on Maui as well....They have one store that sells only Hawaiian hand made goods...Sorry I can't remember the store names...

Good luck...

Murphysmum;)

Archived