Teens on Pacific or Tahitian Princess

vabeach522

vabeach522,

My family was on the Tahitian in 2005. Our daughters were 22 and 17. They have staff onboard that are in charge of starting a "kids club" if there are enough kids onboard. There were few teens and only a couple children under 13 on the cruise so there were no organized activities. Our 17yr old went to the meeting to see how many kids would sign up and made friends with the staff members. She usually hung out with them in the evenings and on our sea days. There isn't alot for teens to do. Ping pong and shuffleboard. They have a card room with some board games and cards. Despite the lack of activities both our girls had a blast. Probably the best vacation we ever had. They weren't ready to come home at the end of the trip. We kept busy with excursions while in port so they were never bored. Hope this helps.

Di

We are taking our 16 yo DD on our August cruise on the TP...they don't have a teen club but we found out they will have some structured events if there are more than 20 kids on the ship. Princess told our TA there are 13 kids and 17 teens....so hopefully there will be plenty of new friends to bond with. Our DD is a very experienced 'cruiseaholic', like us, and has never had a cruise she didn't like and mets friends from all over the world and still IM's and emails many of them....kids are pretty adaptable. They usually just use the teen club to meet up initially and then do their own thing -they don't really need the structured events like the younger kids.

Good luck

I haven't been on this ship, but I do think it's easier for teen girls to meet up with people and keep occupied on the TP. With teen boys, they want the basketball court, the video games, the sports. My sons thought the Coral Princess was boring; I know they would never like the TP. For those reasons, we're post-poning this ship until they're in college.

You know your kids best. If they're very social & can occupy themselves for long periods of time, then go for it! ;)

Just my opinion from what I saw onboard the TP.

These ships are very small, so there is not the room onboard for extra things as the other ships have. Although I am sure teens will totally enjoy the port days, I think during sea days they will be sitting watching TV in the cabin. These ships are not actually set up for kids and teens as the larger ships (even the Sun Class) are.

Even the pool area is quite small and not that inviting to a teen who likes to keep occupied.

With mainly assigned dining, the teens would be almost forced to go to the dining room each evening, not something my previous teens would have been that interested in.

You all know your kids better than I so it would be a decision to make knowing what your child likes and what makes them bored out of their minds. ;)

On our TP cruise in Aug. of 2005 there were 2 males teens on board..we talked to their family often since their parents were our age...even though they were beach rats Tahiti was tooooo relaxing for them. Their parents admitted it was a mistake bringing them. It made me feel better seeing we left our 3 teen beach rat sons at home, who begged not to go.

No basket ball court as I remember. But, some kids, especially only children seem to blend well......my kids had far more fun being at home on their own.

Archived