Can you only book one excursion a day?

I have been looking at the downloadable brochure for the cruise excursions on the rccl website, but they don't give times. Does that mean you can only book one excursion a day since you don't know if two would overlap? Is there a way to find out the times of the excursions?

If you go to the book shore excursions online (you will need your booking number) area on the RCCL website, you can see what time the excursions run and which are still available. You can sign up for two in a day, but I would leave at least an hour between the end of #1 and start of #2 in case #1 is running late.

Go to the excursion listing on the RCL website and click the link

"Purchase any Shore excursion worldwide" on the righthand upper part of the listing...then input your booking number, cruise ship, date, and language and it should bring up your itinerary for your specific booking. Then just click the port you want to look at for excursions. The listing will come up and just click the excursion you want to read and/or book and it should come up with a time at the very bottom. Just plan your excursions at least an hour apart and you should be fine if you can fit in 2 excursions. We only book one excursion each day ourselves but I guess you could possibly do two if the times work out.

I read a message last week about someone that does eight excursions at four ports-of-call! 8) The point was made that if they're all ship-sponsored, there is a better chance that the afternoon excursion will wait for you if the morning excursion is running late. (Not sure I like that, especially if I'm in the afternoon excursion...)

I read a message last week about someone that does eight excursions at four ports-of-call! 8) The point was made that if they're all ship-sponsored, there is a better chance that the afternoon excursion will wait for you if the morning excursion is running late. (Not sure I like that, especially if I'm in the afternoon excursion...)

I´m not sure about this and this is only based on my observation. I doubt they will hold the afternoon excursions for NO SHOWS because of late morning arrivals. The procedures on RCCL excursions I observed have been just checking tickets and counting. They never looked at anybody´s names or asked for them. As far as I saw they didn´t even had lists with names (of course they will have it in the Computer). So I don´t think they would even know if a person is not there, who he is and that he might be on a morning excursion coming in late. However if the morning excursions run late the afternoon ones might be delayed because they might use the same tour bus or guide. They can´t hold the tours for a long while because of the ship´s departure too. These are just my thoughts, no proof.

BTW the only time one of my tours had a major delay was when the bus was loaded app. half the way they closed down the gangway to relocate it to another deck because of the tide change. Unfortunately they had difficulties on the other deck with lowering the gangway. So we had to wait for the people stuck on the ship until we have been able to head of on our tour. This caused in the end conflicts with dining time for many people.

First time cruiser here, got a question for you experts. My gf and I will be in Cococay on Sept 1 and we booked the waverunner tour at 9:25am and the aqua park adventure at 11:00am. According to RCI, our ship will arrive at 8:00am but yet a lot of excursions start right at 8:00am. How is this possible? Does that mean my excursions will get delayed since no way they can get ppl off the ship, and to the island in 0 minute. Or do they usually arrive earlier than what they tell you in advance? And what if there's a delay and we arrive at Cococay late, let's just say 9:30am. Does that mean all excursions will get delayed or the excursions before 9:30am would be all cancelled? We're really looking forward to the waverunner tour and would hate to miss it.

hugolizard,

The people on the 8:00AM excursions will be asked to meet at 7:45 and will be on the first passenger tender. Their excursions will lkely start a little late.

This, btw, at any tendering port is a great way to be one of the first off the ship without worrying about getting tender tickets and waiting in line.

Archived