need tourguide for Antwerp, Hamburg, Dover and Honslour

Can anyone give me some names for private tourguides at these ports?

Thanks!!!

I live in Antwerp which to me and many of my international friends here is the hidden jewel in the crown for a foreign assignment. Most people speak English and the main points of interest are located in the historic area which is a stones throw from where the cruise ships dock. As you leave your ship you can see the beautiful cathedral of Onze Lieve Vrouw or Notre Dame depending on whether you're a Flemish or French speaking Belgian. Belgium has 3 official languages, Flemish in the north in Flanders (which is where Antwerp is situated ) French in the south in Wallonia and German in a small area in the east.

The tourist information office is situated in the Grote Markt which is within 100 yards from where the ship docks from where you can obtain a city map. Depending on when you will be visiting there are tourist buses and horse drawn hansome cabs which offer a tour.

Some of the the highlights for my many visitors are

1. The Grote Markt with its gilded guild houses
  2. The Cathedral
  3. Rubens House ( Antwerp was the birth place of Rubens)
  4. The Royal Fine Arts Museum
  5. St Paulus Church
  6. St Jacobs Kerk
  7. Carolus Borremeus

I belong to Antwerp British Women and we use English Speaking guides for our tours of the city and any exhibitions. I would recommend Key Minnebo. More info on More info on http://www.trabel.com/antwerp.htm They have a page to request information.

Don't forget the Belgian Chocolate - forget Godiva and visit Burie for a fantastic window display and delicious chocolates. All their chocolate and fillings are handmade, I've never tasted better, they melt in your mouth. http://www.chobel.be/burie/

Belgium has over 200 beers each served in their own special glass and the food served in the restaurants which abound in every city is second to none. The service is at a leisurely pace but the food presentation is magnificent.

You can see some photos of Antwerp in our webshots album - link below

Enjoy your visit.

We docked in Antwerp last year and together with friends we caught the train and went to Brugge (sp) for the day. It is a lovely city and very easy to get to. After an enjoyable day there we returned to Antwerp and still had time to see some of the sights.

We also docked in Dover and we again caught the local train and spent a very enjoyable few hours in Canterbury. We would have had time on our return to go to Dover Castle but DH was not feeling well that day so we returned to the ship.

Most of the passengers who spent the day in Dover did it on their own.

Jennie

Archived