Just back from cruise to nowhere

sha88

Hi, all. This was a great trip to get that cruise fix. We have a 9 day cruise planned in October, so this short, weekend cruise was a great way to tide me over till then! We were on the Carnival Victory and had a great time. Good food, fun shows, fun times on the pool deck. First time for us on a Carnival ship and first time with a balcony. WOW, a room with a balcony rocks! Have only had interiors prior to this cruise.

The only down side I found on this trip was the boarding the ship. It took us two hours from the time we got to the sattelite parking area. Ship departure was delayed by about an hour to wait for them to get everyone to the ship, through check-in, etc. On the flip side getting off the ship and to the parking lot today was a breeze.

Glad I checked here before we sailed cause that is the way I found out that the second night out at sea was a formal night in the dining room, so were prepared.

We are just back from the same cruise, too. We also have an 8 day booked for October and were looking for a quick getaway. Thought it was a fun cruise but definitely more of a "booze cruise" than our last one.:D Glad you guys had a great time!

Glad to see you had a GREAT time.

I've always wondered what the CTN was like.(I didn't realize they had Formal Night.)

I didn't think they would either, but yes, the second evening was formal just like one poster told me prior to the cruise........... that is why I love these boards. And, we upgraded to a balcony when I called Carnival and saw we had price drops on this cruise. When I called for some kind of credit, they offered the upgrade to balcony.....BONUS!!!

Sabrett, The first advertised prices were high, but keep checking cause a couple of weeks prior to the cruise, they lowered the prices.

Vacruiser, booze cruise, probably, but I didn't notice any really bad behavior, but then, we were in bed both nights by 1am after the "R" rated comedy shows. Where are you going in October? We are on a Royal cruise out of NJ going to Labadee, Dom Republic, San Juan, Caso de Campo.

That sounds fun! We are on the Carnival Liberty to Costa Maya, Costa Rica and Panama over Halloween. We are really looking forward to four sea days to relax! We were in bed around 1 each morning as well - we seemed to be on the party hallway though and had trouble sleeping over the yelling in the halls all night.

We still had a great time and enjoyed the ship, though.

Archived