Internet Service - Mariner

I just booked my first RCI cruise on Mariner of the Seas 7 day Eastern- past cruiser with Carnival. I have a question concerning internet service. I read somewhere(RCI site?) that there is service available in cabin but that there are a limited number of sets available on a first come basis.

Anyone have any experience with this? Is this a WiFi setup or a cabled setup and does it work well?

Also, I read for $100 you can get unlimited use for internet for your entire cruise. Anyone have experience with this and found it well worth the expense? If it works well then I can see that it might be worth the expense.

I purchased the WiFi internet a couple of weeks ago on the Mariner. It is so slow. I was able to use my laptop in my cabin because it was right by the library, which is a hotspot. The hotsports are the Cafe Promenade, Library and Internet Cafe. There might be others that I'm not aware of. I didn't even use all of the minutes that I bought because the service was so slow...about the same speed as a dial up.

I purchased the WiFi internet a couple of weeks ago on the Mariner. It is so slow. I was able to use my laptop in my cabin because it was right by the library, which is a hotspot. The hotsports are the Cafe Promenade, Library and Internet Cafe. There might be others that I'm not aware of. I didn't even use all of the minutes that I bought because the service was so slow...about the same speed as a dial up.

Thanks so much for the information. I haven't used internet on the ships before because it wasn't available in cabin. Glad to know it is very slow - uploading photos would probably take forever.

I was so excited... first time bringing my laptop on a cruise. Turns out that the cabin was close enough to a hotspot (I guess) that I had wi-fi in the cabin. It was SO slow. I ended up checking my email from the internet cafe for the remainder of the cruise. So much faster that way.

Archived