ROLL CALL PRIDE OF ALOHA July 29/2007

Michaelthebull13

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the PRIDE OF AMERICA last June and had a great time. Our cabin steward was all smiles and friendly and the Maitre'D took us under his wing and always saw to it that we got a great table with great servers. We never had to wait for more than a couple of minutes.

They had a couple of FOD meetings but not many attending. One guy from back East was really nice and we had drinks and dinner with him a couple of times but another couple felt they were a little too good for us and left shortly after the get together and then wouldn't even speak when we saw them on the ship. Oh well, their loss.

We are doing a 10 night on the PRIDE OF ALOHA in October so we are really looking forward to hearing what you have to say. We are in an aft suite and hope our butler is very family friendly like our last butler on NCL.

All in alll, we were pleasantly surprised on our last Hawaii cruise and it ranked right up there as one of our favorites. You know we enjoyed it for us to be booking another one so soon.

Have fun.

Thanks for the response! We are looking forward to the trip. Less than one month! We are hoping that the ship is family friendly. We did go on one cruise that was NOT. Really, that isn't fair to say. There were two employees that were nasty, but we got over it and had a great time anyway. It was my 8th cruise and I had not experienced such prejudice, so I'm hoping going on a Hawaiin cruise, we won't see that kind of behavior. The two incidents that occured was when the cabin steward did not like putting our beds together and treating us like we had the plague, and when we were seated by ourselves in the dinning room, when we were supposed to be at a table of 8. No, I'm not paranoid, one knows when they are treated second class, especially when they prepared a quick make shift table for two, by the dirty dishes dump site.

We will be sure to give you a review when we get back and let you know how things go!

We have been doing about 5-6 cruises a year here lately and we have never had any problems from anyone. Of course some cruises are better than others and some we are treated better on than others but on the whole we have been quite pleased.

I still am of the opinion that NCL and CELEBRITY are a little more gay friendly than most. I have also enjoyed our ROYAL CARIBBEAN cruises and we are Diamond so perhaps that makes a difference.

For the most part, I feel that we are treated just a little bit better than the regular passengers are. We are older, try to be polite and friendly and always tip above the average. I always try to make a point with or cabin steward and/or butler that we are there to have a good time and we do NOT stand on formality. We enjoy having fun, kidding around and appreciate good service but are willing to work with the people.

We are loooking forward to your review and get names and job titles of the people you feel we should look for on our upcoming cruise in October.

Thanks for your reply. I envy all the cruises you are able to take in a year! We only have had one really bad experience as I mentioned earlier. We have never traveled on a NCL ship, and from what you say, we should be pleased. We are also not into formalities, and really treat the staff well, and we get the same in return. I will be more than happy to give you a review when we get back. My partner is the planner on the trip and has everything booked. I am more of a spontanous person, so I think when we travel, we make a good mix. We are both in our early 50's. When I have a little more time, I will tell you what we have in mind for each island that we are visiting.

MIKE

Archived