Just got back and will answer any questions about Destiny

k.hill

At Sea Day: Fear Factor, Ice Carving Demo, Towel Folding, tea, Live TV trivia, Bingo, spa specials

The formal nights are Tuesday and Friday.

We liked the ship...very close to the Conquest. It's a little worn in places, but had no real problems and looked good most areas. We missed having a rock band and all the Latinos make for a little different kind of cruise, but people were super friendly and we had an exhausting, but incredible time.

Karla

We enjoyed all the ports - each was very different and we had several excursions that were amazing and impossible to pick a favorite from. We were in cabin #8337, on the Verandah Deck Aft. We loved the aft cabin, but were the very last group called to get off the ship @ about 11:30 or so on Sunday.

Great ship...very much like the conquest...but we like the colors better on the Destiny. Don't miss the Walt Disney/Dali film if you can...if you like Walt and art..it's supposed to be incredible...we missed it but heard great things.

Also....Get to port early if you can. We got on about 12:30, and when we got off at 2:30 to go see San Cristobal Fort there were major lines outside to get on board. We saw many people standing in lines out in the sun before they ever even got into the port to check in.

We didn't leave Puerto Rico until almost 1:00 in the morning. Still don't know why. I know it is very close, so I'm also not sure why we arrived in St. Thomas so late. We were supposed to arrive at 7 a.m. in St. Thomas, but we didn't get there till like 9:30 and so we missed our reservations for Snuba. Our cab driver hinted that the Destiny is never exact on her time at arriving in St. Thomas...but I don't know that for sure.

We didn't leave Puerto Rico until almost 1:00 in the morning. Still don't know why. I know it is very close, so I'm also not sure why we arrived in St. Thomas so late. We were supposed to arrive at 7 a.m. in St. Thomas, but we didn't get there till like 9:30 and so we missed our reservations for Snuba. Our cab driver hinted that the Destiny is never exact on her time at arriving in St. Thomas...but I don't know that for sure.

Wow! That is strange..Puerto Rico is less than 70 miles from St Thomas..wonder what there were doing all that time :)

Yeah...That's what we keep wondering. On one of our other cruises, they stopped between San Juan and St. Martin and announced that we would just sit for awhile because it was such a short trip. Something was definately up...but we don't know. About 11:00 they announced that they were working on the ship, but we never heard anything else, and never saw any proof of anything. They did have the nerve to announce in St. Martin that "because of our delay in leaving San Juan, we regret that we are a few hours late in our arrival in St. Martin this morning." They apologized for any inconvenience and said that we would stay an extra hour to make up for it. ??? still seems odd cause I know they could have made it.

Also just back from the Destiny! I agree the cruise and ports were great but still recovering. My husband and I enjoyed Antigua the best! We booked with Adventure Antigua and did the Xtreme Circumnav tour-this excursion was totally awesome! I will write more details in my review which I am about to begin. We were also in room 9166-if you are in this room and are sensitive to noise you need to change rooms...it is under Camp Carnival. We weren't in the room a lot so it was okay for us...just FYI

I've had conflicting report so maybe you can clear this up.

Is there a sushi bar each evening?:) I've heard there was sushi between 5:00 and 8:30 (except for formal nights) and I also heard only one or two days duing lunch.

Also did they have self-assist for debarkation?

I just posted most of my review of the Destiny with more details about excursions, prices, details, etc. I don't know about the Sushi - I don't eat it - there was an asian place open at lunch, but I'll have to check with my DH about Sushi - I never really saw any, but again, I wasn't looking.

We did all excursion on our own except 2 - Antigua by Sea and Dominica River Tubing - those were through Carnival.

This was the first time that I heard nothing about self-assist debarkation - I'm not sure if they allow it on the Destiny. They were tighter about security at San Juan that I have ever seen anywhere else.

This was the first time that I heard nothing about self-assist debarkation - I'm not sure if they allow it on the Destiny. They were tighter about security at San Juan that I have ever seen anywhere else.

Thanks..I was wondering if self assist was an option on Destiny.

Archived