Carnival Spirt - Worth the Suite?

Hello All!

My Dh and I are planning our next Alaskan cruise on the Carnival Spirt in 2008. :D My in Laws have never been to Alaska and we want to buy them a room as a gift. This will be their 1st cruise to Alaska and we want to make sure we cover all the bases and make it a trip to remember. My Dh and I will get a Balcony room but we are wondering if it is worth the upgrade to place my in laws in a suite. My Dh and I were in a suite on our cruise in May on the RCL Vision and although the room was nice we didn't really feel the upgrade was worth it ( a balcony is just fine). If there is not that large amount of diffrence between the rooms we would rather offer the savings as pocket money to my in laws to allow them to buy what every goodies they want in port.

Thank you for your help!

I agree with Gail-- if you can get one of the suites on the aft with the wrap aroun dbalcony--that would be thee best.

Stay off deck 5 as those cabins are not true suites. Just not worth the money there.

If not wanting a suite--mayeb 2 balconies side by side on the aft and get the divider opened to make one large balcony.

Archived