I'm baaaaaaack...Miracle review, June 4th-12th

Sandi149

Welcome back. Sounds like you had a wonderful cruise. A friend of mine was honeymooning on this cruise. Both first timers.

Thanks Liv. Yes we had a fabulous time. Best vacation ever. I'm sure your friends had a great time as well. :)

Sandi,

I am glad you had such a wonderful time. Your review makes me even more excited about my first time on the Miracle. We are going in August. I have heard so much about Music Boardwalk, that I can't wait to see them. I know they perform in Frankie and Johnnies, but I can not find the lounge in the deck plans. Where exactly can I find them? I heard they are on Deck 1, when I looked I did not see any lounges by that name. Thank you in advance!

Thanks Liv. Yes we had a fabulous time. Best vacation ever. I'm sure your friends had a great time as well. :)

Glad to hear it. So have the pics been uploaded yet or did I miss a link somewhere?

They did and got caught on their balcony LMAO.

Sandi,

I am glad you had such a wonderful time. Your review makes me even more excited about my first time on the Miracle. We are going in August. I have heard so much about Music Boardwalk, that I can't wait to see them. I know they perform in Frankie and Johnnies, but I can not find the lounge in the deck plans. Where exactly can I find them? I heard they are on Deck 1, when I looked I did not see any lounges by that name. Thank you in advance!

Frankie and Johnnies is located on Deck 2 right next to the Maquire Sports Bar. It's sort of towards the back, right by the fountain. You will love Music Boardwalk,....they were great. :D

your lying:p. you just want to start the excitement early this mornin', don'tcha?

No I am not LOL. Besides, I wouldn't post something like that on someone's review thread just to get a rise out of them...ok, maybe I would for a few posters but not this OP...she's too nice.

Glad to hear it. So have the pics been uploaded yet or did I miss a link somewhere?

They did and got caught on their balcony LMAO.

Not yet Liv.....just finished uploading the first batch to my computer, will do the second batch and then upload them to a picture website. I will post the link when it's all finished. I think we took about 400 pictures. :eek::p

ohhhhh so those were your friends.....I think I heard them one night out there.......LOL!!!!! :D

No I am not LOL. Besides, I wouldn't post something like that on someone's review thread just to get a rise out of them...ok, maybe I would for a few posters but not this OP...she's too nice.

Awwww thanks Liv for your kind words. :) I am nice, aren't I? LOL!!!! :p:D

Not yet Liv.....just finished uploading the first batch to my computer, will do the second batch and then upload them to a picture website. I will post the link when it's all finished. I think we took about 400 pictures. :eek::p

ohhhhh so those were your friends.....I think I heard them one night out there.......LOL!!!!! :D

Great...Let me know when you post a link :)

I'm trying to find out what cabin. I think it was a cat 11 or 12 they had.

Nice job on your review. The Miracle is a very nice ship, and I love her too,everyone is soooooo nice. Did you get to meet the Matr'd Stripe, one of the nicest guy Iv'e ever met, sad thing is he's retiring in July. I thought Brent the CD was good, he could have came out a lil more after shows but he was good, the captain Marchetti was nice and funny, tall man thats hard to understand. I can't wait, I'm going on her again in Jan.... :D

Hi Sandi! I have been looking forward to your review and I really enjoyed it. You really helped get me excited even more for our July 22 cruise on the Miracle. It is almost here!!! I am so glad you had such a wonderful time!

Can you tell me what exact type of sea sick medicine you took, was it non drowsy and when you started taking it, when you stopped taking it and what time of day you took it?

Thanks! Dale

Hi Sandi! I have been looking forward to your review and I really enjoyed it. You really helped get me excited even more for our July 22 cruise on the Miracle. It is almost here!!! I am so glad you had such a wonderful time!

Can you tell me what exact type of sea sick medicine you took, was it non drowsy and when you started taking it, when you stopped taking it and what time of day you took it?

Thanks! Dale

Well I don't exactly get seasick...I just get scared when the ship really rocks. Had a bad experience last year on my 2 night cruise to nowhere aboard the legend. So this time I wasn't going to be taking any chances because I wanted to enjoy my cruise 100%. So for my nerves, I got a prescription for Xanax from my Dr. which I didn't have to take because I handled the one rough day that we had quite well. I wasn't scared and just told myself that I was safe and that nothing was going to happen to me. I did, as a precaution, take seasick meds just in case. I used the generic no drowsy formula of Dramamine. I took 1 pill every morning and I didn't get sick at all. I really don't think I get sick because I am fine in cars, ferries, planes, etc, but I just took it as a precaution. I started taking it early in the morning before the cruise. I took a pill today and I will take one more tomorrow. I heard that you should take them for a couple days after you return. I don't want to get that rocking motion on land. So far I don't feel like I'm still on the ship at all. So my I recommend the generic non-drowsy Dramamine. Of course, it might not work for you but you should give it a try.

Thank you Sandi! I think I will take that. I took that before a Napali boat cruise in Kauai and did not have any problems or side effects, etc. so at least I have experience with it. I went on two cruises 20 years ago and did not take anything and did not have a problem, but hey that was 20 yrs ago! And I think there is more of a chance of rocky seas going out of NY. Take care and make sure to plan some nice things for yourself so you feel like you have something to look forward to after your cruise.

Welcome back, Sandi!! I couldn't wait to read your review!! It sounded great!! Although we don't sail on the Miracle until April 08, I was anxiously awaiting your review!! So glad you had fun!! I'm hoping Music Boardwalk will still be on the ship when I get to go. Looking forward to seeing your pics!! :)

So hard to be back from your cruise I know Sandi.......but, I'm thrilled to see your review and that you had an awesome experience!!

Upon arrival, did you have to sit in the cab for a long time waiting to be dropped off? Are directions clearly marked so that you know where to check in with your paperwork? We will be coming in at Penn Station and taking a cab over. Do you have any idea how much the cab would cost from Penn Station?

Thanks!!

So hard to be back from your cruise I know Sandi.......but, I'm thrilled to see your review and that you had an awesome experience!!

Upon arrival, did you have to sit in the cab for a long time waiting to be dropped off? Are directions clearly marked so that you know where to check in with your paperwork? We will be coming in at Penn Station and taking a cab over. Do you have any idea how much the cab would cost from Penn Station?

Thanks!!

Hiya Ciship,

Ohhh is it ever hard to get back. I really don't want to be home. I want to be back on my Miracle enjoying myself. Oh well....all good things must come to an end.

Anyway, nope we didn't sit in the cab long when we were dropped off. We got out and found a porter right there and he took our luggage. We then went to the main seating area and spoke to a Carnival employee about what to do next. She gave us cards to fill out for Tortola and then we sat and waited about 40 minutes until the early checkin started.

Yes everything is marked very clearly. You won't have trouble with anything.

Hmmm a cab from Penn Station......just guessing here because it's not that far from the pier but you could always get stuck in lots of traffic and the meter still runs even when you are standing still, but I would have to say maybe $10, maybe a little less.

Sandi.....I don't want to get off topic here, but I have some NYC questions and I wondered if I might email them to you? After our Miracle cruise, we are staying a few days in Manhattan and I would love to have a "locals" opinion on some things.

Will there be a lot of NYC traffic on a Sunday morning when we board?

Sunday is the best day for traffic in NY. Hardly any in the morning. So that will be good for you. What time do you plan on arriving at Penn Station?

Sure you can email me. I would be happy to answer any questions that I can.

Email me at this address. onion4333@mypacks.net

That is the one I use when I post on message boards. I will then write you back from my regular email address.

Sunday is the best day for traffic in NY. Hardly any in the morning. So that will be good for you. What time do you plan on arriving at Penn Station?

Sure you can email me. I would be happy to answer any questions that I can.

Email me at this address. onion4333@mypacks.net

That is the one I use when I post on message boards. I will then write you back from my regular email address.

Great! Thanks Sandi........we will be arriving early morning with any luck to Penn Station. No matter what time it is, we plan to just head straight to the cruise terminal. I'll email you this morning!!

Ohhh and I also wanted to add. For any of you ladies who plan on using the public restrooms aboard the ship. Don't be afraid.....they are really clean and very nice. All tile with granite countertops. Very pretty. A couple of times those hand dryers didn't work though. Also, once I smelled a slight sewer odor in one of the bathrooms but it was only that one time.

Archived