Sting Ray City plus gorgeous diving

photog4fun

Does anyone know of a 2 tank dive which does one tank with the sting rays and the other tank in a gorgeous diving area? I'd like to do both. Thanks! Suzanne

When I went with http://www.neptunesdivers.com/index.html in March, I was told by them that, weather permitting, we could do a north wall dive then stingray city as I was the first one who booked with them for that day. I booked about 3 months in advance. Unfortunately, weather didn't permit this plan. The winds were from the North and forced most of the stingray city snorkel excursions to cancel for the day. We stayed on the west end and still ended up with a nice couple of dives. I can't hurt to ask.

My underwater photos from that day's dive are found in this Gallery

I dove with Fisheye, we did a northwall drift, then stingray city. Actually they were the only company I could find the previous 2 times I went there as it was a tuesday and most dive shops have stingray as a monday, wed, fri dive. As far as operations go, they were fairly middle of the road, not the best nor the worst I've encountered.

A good dive operator should be able to accomodate a first tank north wall and a second tank stingray city trip. As Bruce stated, WEATHER PERMITTING is a huge factor on the north side. I have dove with Divers Down in Cayman and recommend them. If weather does not permit north side/stingray city, the diving on the west side is phenomenal!

Archived