Bolero Jackets..... Out of style?

Are bolero jackets out of style now? It is so hard to find a dress that covers my arms (I hate them!!) without making me feel like I look old. I have purchased two gorgeous dresses and of course, neither one has sleeves. Was thinking of a bolero jacket in black to wear with both but they are very hard to find. Am I going to date myself by wearing one of those little jackets? Let me have it ladies... tell me what you think.

I think that depends on how your own personal barometer of style is. They were very hot and in style last year. Are they being shown and worn as much this year? That I don't know as I don't wear them, but you could probably get by and wear them. They can't be that out of style in just a year, but again some of what is in style vs out of style also depends on where you live and how conscious you are. IF it looks good on you and you feel comfortable then go for it! :)

I think it completely depends on the bolero jacket. I've seen some that look very sleek and trendy. I've seen others that look boxy and dated. Love that Badgley Mishcka one but it's a little out of my price range. I think you could find one that will look great on you! Just choose wisely.:D

Are bolero jackets out of style now? It is so hard to find a dress that covers my arms (I hate them!!) without making me feel like I look old. I have purchased two gorgeous dresses and of course, neither one has sleeves. Was thinking of a bolero jacket in black to wear with both but they are very hard to find. Am I going to date myself by wearing one of those little jackets? Let me have it ladies... tell me what you think.

I wore one just yesterday. Looked fine.

And the night before, the boys had an incredibly lovely young lady over whose sense of style was incredible. I wanted to keep her :p . She was wearing a shrug.

Go for it. Just keep it smallish like the one Derf posted.

Shrugs are still being shown and sold in stores today. I have a few that I like to wear and one in particular has beaded trim and is quite dressy. If it flatters you and the outfit both, then go for it.

A shrug is an article of clothing, a sleeved sweater that covers the chest, shoulders and/or arms. It is usually worn by women

from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrug_(clothing)

Pure DKNY Short Sleeve Shrug

from

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=83804&CategoryID=3376&PartnerID=SHP&cm_mmc=PMD-_-NexTag-_-Product_Terms-_-Pure_DKNY_Short_Sleeve_Shrug

How about a Pashmina shawl wrap? I bought 2 of them on our last cruise there on the ship for $10 each. Now grant it they are not made of silk or anything fancy but the price was right and they look nice. I've actually gotten quite a bit of use out of them with restaraunts and church being kept chilly during the summer and fall.

Thanks for all your advice. I think I will just have to wait till I see one that will look good. I agree that It needs to be light or sheer. Would love to find one that just covered my arms. I just know that I will hate any pics of my arms in those beautiful dresses. :( I'll keep looking. I don't leave until December so I guess I have plenty of time.:D Thanks for all your help!!

Cruise Fashionably!!

Since you are not leaving until Dec., holiday attire will be out in the stores prior to that and you may be able to find a lovely evening cardigan or jacket to "cover" your arms! There should be quite a selection after Halloween or at least by Thanksgiving with beading and/ or more "formal" fabrics.

Archived