Question for anyone who recently disembarked from Crown in NY

BluIDblonde

This question is for those who had no plans to fly right after your disembarkment from the Crown in NY. Can you tell me how long it took to get off the ship. A group of us have hired a car service to take us home off the ship, and since we have no real time restraints we wanted a general idea of timing. Thanks in advance for your response.

We are just back from the Crown 6/8. We were off the ship around 10 am. We had white #3 tags. it wasn't bad at all, we actually went to breakfast, came back to the cabin, and waited there for most of the time, than decided we had better go & let our cabin steward do his thing. We drove and parked in the lot, no problems with that at all, cost was around $160. The only problem was construction en route to the Varazzano bridge, if not for that we made good time, back to PA. Enjoy!:)

The amount of time it takes to disembark depends on the colour of luggage tags you get which in turn depends on where your room is. The colours are called in a certain order and disembarkation takes place in that order.

Our colour was probably more than halfway down the list of colours and we were off the ship by 9:30 and at JFK by 10:30.

We were also off the ship by 10:00. The taxi line was really long when we got off so we went in the towncar line. The lady in charge of the line was not doing too good of a job and people were cutting in line so I don't know if it ended up being any faster. We stayed at a marriot by the world trade center and had a great tour on the hoho bus. We really enjoyed that extra day!

Does anyone happen to know what is the order of the colors called for disembarkment? Not that I am in any rush to get off the ship by any means, but I would like to know if I am in the beginning, middle, end. I had just assumed that it would go by what kind of room you had (suites, mini-suites, BA balcony, BB Balcony, etc), but I think someone told me they go by deck.

Cruisekitty1977

We just returned last week from the Crown. The first colors called were Navy, 1 through 5 - express walk off, they were for people that chose to take off their own luggage, than;

Red 1,2 Pink 1, Red 4, Pink 2 - Flights from area airports.

Green & gold, - non US passengers

Aqua 1 Lido Deck, - Aqua 2 Plaza, - Purple 123 Rivera, - White1,2,3 Aloha,

Light Blue 1,2,3,4 Transfer Package ( buses), - Orange1,2,3,4 Baja,

Brown 1,2,3, Caribe, - Cream1,2,3 Dolphin, - Yellow1,2,3, Emerald Deck

we will be on the Dolphin Deck in a few weeks, it seems like we will be one of the later decks to disembark, true? Just trying to figure out what time we should arrange for pickup.

thanks,

crissy

I believe the luggage color/# tags go by the time of your departure vs the deck you are on. If you have an earlier departure, you are one of the first off whereas if you are in town, you might be given the last color to disembark. Oftentimes, if you absolutely need to get off early, just let them know at the purser's deck and they will switch out your tags for you.

We got off the Crown on June 8th. We were on Emerald deck and had yellow 3 tags. Ours were called for departure about 10:05 am. These were the last tags called. Your room will probably be called between 0930 and 1000. I'd allow some time to get your luggage and plan on having the car there between 1015 and 1030 at the terminal. Might ask for the car service to provide a number so you can call the driver and let him know when you're picking up your baggage.

Another option is if you want to keep your bags in the cabin. You'll get some paperwork a couple of days into the cruise where you can sign up to carry your baggage off the ship instead of having Princess set it in the terminal. I believe they depart the ship before 0800.

Archived